Fragging-glueing suggestions needed

Byrd

I have a piece from my Devils finger leather that was getting ready to drop off.

I helped it out with my razor blade, dried to the best I could, super glued (gel) it to a piece of rubble and 10 minutes later, full polyp extension ove rthe next 2 days it detached and was curios what other do.

I dont have time toplace it in a shallow dish and wait for it to attach on its own.

Presently I have stuck a toothpick through the "body" and have the ends of that toothpick rubber banded (lightly) to that same rock.

Any help would be great, I have 3 other frags I need to take care of.

Brad

The tooth pick works, or you can sew it on to a piece of ?? using nylon thread, fishing line, or rubberband. Another way is to stuff it in a hole and rubber band it down. But you know, softies give off that mucus to get rid of the irritation.

The best way is the tried and true method, the one you have no time for DOH! Of you could throw it in the sump and forget about it for a couple of days to a week.

Brad

The best way is the tried and true method, the one you have no time for DOH! Of you could throw it in the sump and forget about it for a couple of days to a week.

Its no so much the time as I dont have a place in my dispaly and the 20 gallon- I tried that method with a ricordia and another shroom-3 weeks later, not attached-Thats why I say I cant wait, I should have said

"I'm not willing to wait and SEE if it works"

Thanks Charles

I just stand mine up on the end the came off. just make a crack between a couple little rocks or old snail shells and stuff the sucker in there and put it where it dosent get bothered. Mine take 3 days to a week most the time.

Or better yet flush the guy. No one seems to want them as I have about 15 of them in my frag tank.

Get suction dish like you use in the kitchen or bath. Make sure it has small drain holes for flow in this case, put rubble in it, stick to side of tank or sump in low flow area. Drop them in an wait. Worked well for me.

Beckie

Good idea-it was not so much the flow as the darn golden headed sleeper goby, burying everything, and me having to use the turkey baster to blow the fine layer of sand out and therefore disrupting any type of adhesion that had started-

Love the hobby-LOL

I just stand mine up on the end the came off. just make a crack between a couple little rocks or old snail shells and stuff the sucker in there and put it where it dosent get bothered. Mine take 3 days to a week most the time.

Or better yet flush the guy. No one seems to want them as I have about 15 of them in my frag tank.

Oh no-evryone who comes by and has satwater will get one for visiting-LOL

A LFS has to take em for 5.00 you'ld think. My first small frag I paid 15.00 from Upscales, now its 10x the size maybe more-It dwells in the "LPS' side of the reef-(laugh)

my best bet for anchoring down soft corals is with fishing line' date=' run it through the coral and then tie it to a piece of rubble rock. Give it a couple of weeks in lower current area to attach, then once attached cut the fishing line and pull it out[/quote']

Charles suggested that too, next time I will go that route, less stress getting a sewing needle stuck through ya than a toothpick-:eek:

Thanks everyone for the ideas

I have made a hundred or so leather frags using zip ties, they seem to work better then any of the other methods.

FWIW when I had my ric farm I would put them in a tubberware full of crushed coral (small rock substrate) come back in a week and then glue the CC to a rock. Had better luk getting rics to attach if there foot was always against something. Rocks can be hard ( ha ha ) IMO but a tub full of CC always worked for me.

HTH