Hog Head's 100gal build.

Hog Head

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before you add more rock, id see how it all looks in the tank, with a little bit less rock, you can actually free up more room, and if this stuff is as porous as you say, you probably have enough. jmo lol. also, with more room, you can add a couple more free swimming fish such as tangs or, if you want to take the chance, a nice big angel, get em young though, before they start their color change

before you add more rock' date=' id see how it all looks in the tank, with a little bit less rock, you can actually free up more room, and if this stuff is as porous as you say, you probably have enough. jmo lol. also, with more room, you can add a couple more free swimming fish such as tangs or, if you want to take the chance, a nice big angel, get em young though, before they start their color change[/quote']

I was thinking the same thing. I'll have a total of about 175 lbs. I was going to wait and see what it looked like with all of the rock in the tank first. I was also thinking of using eggcrate to elevate some of the rock to help with "aqua scaping". I would be cheaper than buying more rock. Ther are a couple of pieces that I want to stand out. Most of the rock is very light and porous. Most of my established rock is covered in softies and they are going to be placed at the bottom with the new rock placed around them. So far.

I do want to add a couple of Yellow Tangs, a Copperband or Pearlscale Butterfly or both. I need to replace my Foxface and Wrasse. We went to Disneyland and when we got home the Ph was out of wack. I lost my Fox, Six-line, Strawberry dotty and all of my shrimp except for my Pistol. I haven't looked at the angels too much but I really like the Coral Beauty.

Every single change of tanks I have done I have done all at once. 12g to 36g, 36g to 72g, 72g to 60g and never lost a fish....I did lose one coral but that was my fault for not keeping track of what side of the rock the coral was on and I think I burried it.DOH!

Every single change of tanks I have done I have done all at once. 12g to 36g' date=' 36g to 72g, 72g to 60g and never lost a fish....I did lose one coral but that was my fault for not keeping track of what side of the rock the coral was on and I think I burried it.DOH![/quote']

So about 2-3 weeks for the new rock to cure then swap it over?

youve got 10 days hog' date=' and im pretty sure theres some guys down in your area, i know clay lives down there, who'd more than likely gladly help you out with the tank set up[/quote']

I am about half way through the plumbing and then I'll fill it to make sure it all works correctly then I just have to wait for the rest of my stuff to arrive.

If I need help I'll be sure to ask.

Well it is plumbed, full of water and up and running. All good except that it sounds like someone is flushing the toilet every 15 seconds or so. I keep messing with the little breather tube but it doesn't stop it. I hard plumbed it with 1" pvc and it only has two 45 degree bends. What have I done wrong or forgot to do? The overflow is a CPR CS90.

so its the overflow thats the problem, hmmmmmmm sounds like you may need to, from what ive read, is drill a hole, tiny pin***** hole, in the top of the u-tube, i have read, so dont quote me an if im wrong someone please say so, and what that hole will do is keep the air bubbles from forming and it should stop that flushing deal, sounds good in theory, but, ive never attempted it and id love a more experienced hand to sound in

so its the overflow thats the problem' date=' hmmmmmmm sounds like you may need to, from what ive read, is drill a hole, tiny pin***** hole, in the top of the u-tube, i have read, so dont quote me an if im wrong someone please say so, and what that hole will do is keep the air bubbles from forming and it should stop that flushing deal, sounds good in theory, but, ive never attempted it and id love a more experienced hand to sound in[/quote']

The CPR doesn't have a U tube it uses an aqua lifter pump.