HELP, fish melting...

downhill_biker

So I need help guys. I just got a new blond naso last week and the top fin appears to be "melting" away and there is white fleshy looking stuff underneath. The fish also has a couple white spots on it, but not ich, much bigger. They are like chunks of calcium chloride on the side of it's body, a couple on each side.

I figure I am going to lose the fish, anyone have thoughts?

1130091912.jpg

1130091915.jpg

I see now that Lowman has a link to a page describing it, and I have had some good results Melafix to swab the affected areas.

I once cured some brackish water Scats(which are very prone to it) with Penicillin.

I also found just how allergic to Penicillin I was just by having my hands in the tank!(sick)

Bob Fenner has some comments on lymphocystis here http://www.wetwebmedia.com/lymphfaqs.htm

Lights came on today and I saw a couple hundred nassarius in a pile. I knew exactly what it was...

Sorry to hear that.:( Check out prospective new additions closely. Lymphocystis usually first appears as small white spots or clumps on the edges of the fins.

Sorry to hear that.:( Check out prospective new additions closely. Lymphocystis usually first appears as small white spots or clumps on the edges of the fins.

I usually do check them all closely. This one showed signs of being perfectly heathy. No spots at all, but after a few days it set on fast.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Ohhh... that's bad! Hope you have some water mixed up. That'll kill your parameters in a hurry.

No man, well I do have water mixed up, but my water is fine. It's a 350g system with a 1000g rated skimmer and a 6" 100g remote deep sand bed and a ton of live rock. I could have probably left it in there and let them totally consume it without any water quality issues.

Yah with you system and number of nass snails you should be fine when it comes to nutrient or ammonia spikes.

That sucks Curtis. I have had it happen to dozens of fish over time. It is a pretty common issue that many fish come in with. I myself need to setup a quarantine for this kind of thing. It sucks loosing beautiful fish to issues that can be treated.