Gunners 110G cold water build

Gunner52

Well this weekend I found a killer deal on a cold water set up so ive decided to start a cold water tank. this hobby lead me to start diving and since I started diving and learned what cool stuff there is up in the sound ive been thinking about doing a cold tank for a while now.

the tank is a marineland ML-24BW commercial tank like the ones you see in the grocery stores. the tank is 110 gallons and came complete with skimmer, uv sterilizer, return pump, 1/2hp chiller, and flourecent lights I managed to pick the whole thing up for $200

it needs to be cleaned up a bit but not too bad this is going to be a fairly slow build but should be fun. if anyone one else dives and wants to go on some collecting trips hit me im always down to dive.

heres some picks of the tank.

post-1683-141867779934_thumb.jpg

post-1683-141867779939_thumb.jpg

Replace those lights with some nice T5's and you got a pretty nice setup!

I would be really interested to see the equipment underneath, especially the skimmer. From what I have read, the cold water setups need a really good skimmer, so if it looked to be insufficient, I would upgrade it before you get it running!