Im going shopping

fly guy

looking for some fish to throw in my new BB 90 sps tank as well as a coupla corals maybe......

Mainly fish to be honest. Any suggestions welcome. Nothing big...9im looking for a bunch of small functional(as a gbonus...not mandatory), colorful pooping machines. Want lots and lots of poop.

Im not sure exactly what im gonna throw in there.

Im going to be in Salem tomorrow and i want to stop by both advanced and CRPC.

Who can give me easy directions coming in from the east on highway 20 to both of these places??? Im somewhat familiar with the area.

Thanks

oh.....anyplace else in the area i should check out?

Those are good directions to CRPC, north on Lancaster for a few miles, then when you leave CRPC head south on Lancaster til you get to State St. and turn right(west), follow that about mile and a half down to the corner of 17th and State(Arco station on one corner and King dounuts on the another). Ryans is on the NE corner there. Both place are like 3 miles away from each other

Thanks everybody...i have considered making it exclusivley a wrasse tank actually

Here are all of the wrasses that are defintely compatible with a BB system.......there are many more NOT listed here(and more than half of these are unavailabe to the trade)....but nobody can argue that any of these couldnt do well in a BB system. ;)

Cirrhilabrus

Fairy Wrasses of this genus are composed of approximately 42 species. They are distributed throughout the Indo-West Pacific with most coming from the western Pacific. Males are usually larger than females and mostly differ from females in coloration. Males usually live with several females and juveniles. They make good reef aquarium inhabitants if supplied with ample crevices and caves.

They don't bury themselves in the sand at night, as do many other wrasses. Instead, they form a mucus cocoon similar to some parrotfishes and/or wedge themselves into a rock crevice. It should be noted the cocoon remnants do not seem to harm water quality or other aquarium inhabitants. They feed on small crustaceans and are among the most beautiful of marine aquarium fishes, especially the male Scott's wrasse, C. scottorum. However, they are jumpers and the aquarium top should have some sort of cover, possibly an eggcrate cover, to prevent them from jumping out of the aquarium.

C. adornatus

C. aurantidorsalis

C. balteatus

C. bathyphilus

C. blatteus

C. claire

C. condei

C. cyanopleura

C. earlei

C. exquisitus

C. filamentosus

C. flavidorsalis

C. joanallenae

C. johnsoni

C. jordani

C. katherinae

C. katoi

C. laboutei.

C. lanceolatus

C. lineatus

C. lubbocki

C. lunatus

C. luteovittatus

C. marjorie

C. melanomarginatus

C. morrisoni

C. punctatus

C. pylei

C. randalli

C. rhomboidalis

C. roseafascia

C. rubrimarginatus

C. rubripinnis

C. rubrisquamis

C. rubriventralis

C. sanguineus

C. scottorum

C. solorensis

C. temminckii

C. tonozukai

C. walindi

C. walshi

Sweet, now Im definately going to have to come take a look when you get that setup done. I know we talked about the whole bb/substrate compatability thing in a previous thread so Im not going to beat a dead horse, but have you ever seen them actually burry themselves in the substraite? I for one cannot ever find my wrasse when it comes night time, I think I need a mini submarine with a mini camera I can navigate around in there.... With the pumps off of course LOL.

Sweet' date=' now Im definately going to have to come take a look when you get that setup done. I know we talked about the whole bb/substrate compatability thing in a previous thread so Im not going to beat a dead horse, but have you ever seen them actually burry themselves in the substraite? I for one cannot ever find my wrasse when it comes night time, I think I need a mini submarine with a mini camera I can navigate around in there.... With the pumps off of course LOL.[/quote']

Now you're giving me some ideas!(naughty) ....gee, how to rig up our own Jacques Cousteau home movies :)

I love the anthias but I have so far had ZERO luck with them, I've tried Leer tail & Dispar and non made it longer then a month and that is with feed twice a day.

I've heard a lot of recomendation for Lubbock's Fairy Wrasee, you can keep them in schools and they are quite hardy and they will eat the paristites off your corals. I'm trying to find some but having a hard time so far.

well..........i WENT shopping :)

Had the pleasure of meeting both Ryan at Advanced and Jason at CRPC.

Didnt get the fish i was hoping for.............i DID end up getting another 6 line......i couldnt help it....... and I LOVE the one ive got and I really need a couple of fish in that tank as it is too fricken sterile at the moment. The six line is a sweet fucntional fish although i know i just limited myself on a few of the other wrasses i was considering adding........ I picked up a cool looking yellow and pink psuedo as well. Both fish I picked up at Advanced along with a california tort, a sweet acro and some nice caps. Ryan took care of me well and I thank him. :)

Jason didnt have anything in the way of fish that i was interested in BUT he DID have a bunch of other treats i was VERY interested in. Thanks a TON Jason :D Ill go into more detail on that in the CRPC forum(clap)