How many triggers is too many for a 72 bowfront?

CA2OR

So I have a pink tail right now and I am getting a Blue Throat on trade tomorrow. But I still want a Sargassum...amongst others. I would love to put a clown and picasso in as well but I hear they nip at corals which I can't have. I don't really care about the clean up crew feeding thing. But I want to know how many is too many in my tank?

IF triggers are the only thing you want in the 72bow then I would say MAX. is 3 but as time goes on 1 would have to be removed.

I tried many years ago to keep a very small clown and a small Huma trigger together in a 55. It was always dirty and the clown didn't like sharing after about 5-6 months.

That is the hard thing with these triggers... they're so freaking fun and cute that you want all of them!

We have the same debate with our 55gallon agressive tank.. I want to add another trigger (have the Humu Picasso) but don't know what we can add..

I really wouldn't put more than 1 trigger in a 55g or 72bf. You might be able to get away with two but it is going to be dirty and too aggressive for my liking. Grassi, you might be able to add another simply because you have a fish only setup running but CA2OR I just wouldn't do it. If you did add a 3rd you would have a nice, cloudy poo fest lol. I wouldn't add a clown or picasso unless you want your reef tank to become a fish only tank. Also your knuckles might eventually turn to solid steel and lose all feeling.

I really wouldn't put more than 1 trigger in a 55g or 72bf. You might be able to get away with two but it is going to be dirty and too aggressive for my liking. Grassi' date=' you might be able to add another simply because you have a fish only setup running but CA2OR I just wouldn't do it. If you did add a 3rd you would have a nice, cloudy poo fest lol. I wouldn't add a clown or picasso unless you want your reef tank to become a fish only tank. Also your knuckles might eventually turn to solid steel and lose all feeling.[/quote']

+1

As it is my Blue throat male likes to nip at my fingers. He just gets excited, but I have been told by numerous folks that clowns are just mean and see any fingers as food.

I would think most those would outgrow that 72. My blue throat pair are about 4-5 inches long each and they swim the full distance of the 180 all day long.

This reminds me of the time I went in the old Pet & Pond store that used to be on SW 185th & Farmington Rd. in Aloha.

There was a 55 or 75 gallon setup with a least a half dozen species of 6 or 7 inch Triggers in it. An Undulated Trigger was cruising the tank from end to end, while all the other Triggers were huddled in a corner.

I pointed this out to the store manager who replied "It's ok. They're just resting".

DOH! yeah right.