what's the deal with the new Eheim jager heaters

izzypop

Hey, live as you will. I just know that if I bought an electrical appliance and the instructions said to *not* submerge it in salt water, I'd take that pretty seriously. Might want to double check things each time before you stick your hand in the tank. Seriously.

maybe cause when they were ebo jager, that model of heater has had alot of failures(which look identical to them in the photo), so maybe its one way out of replacing them.kind of wierd that the manufacturers site states one thing and the instructions another.....i dunno

yea there new heater instructions say not to submerge it all the way. There is a line you shouldn't pass. My guess is it is a german thing where legally they aren't code for fully submerged. I really want to submerge this thing for my water makeup bin but now I'm trippin on it. I saw the web site thing but this is there new heater not the old one. The instructions are too detailed to be a translation thing. Eheim makes a great product but this blows.

Same as pevious model, they are just covering themselves for liability. If you want a nice subersible I would recomend the via aqua stealth (lifetime warranty) I have ebos and stealths, I like them both equally. I hate via aqua cheapies though.

Back to the subject though, its just a liability thing, Im sure their lawyer called and said to cover your ARSE!

CCR, no need to stop unless you're drying your hair at the same time :).

The saltwater setup I bought had an EJ that was fully submersed and I put it back the way he had it assuming it was OK.....and he is an attorney. So, if something/someone frys, do I dare go after him, or have him represent me???

got the answer from Eheim

JAGER heaters are fully submersible according to European standards. However because Jager heaters are now manufactured in Germany a new UL certificate must be issued for the “New” company. This new certificate must be issued to comply with the North American standards, until then the heater MUST be labeled as not submersible in North America.