Our New Adventure - 95 Gallon Build

orion

What started out a week ago as an idea, has (some might say "unfortunately") come to fruition quite quickly!! Thanks to some awesome guys here, my wife and I have started our journey into the saltwater/reef community!

We got rid of our four (yes, four) freshwater tanks and decided to throw that money into a saltwater setup. Of course, not knowing where to start, we came here and you all have been way more than helpful by letting us check out your systems and answering what may seem like really stupid "new toad" questions!

So, here is the picture as it sits right now. Actually, I take that back...right now it has some awesome live rock in it (courtesy of Brandon) and we're waiting for it to settle...but it's coming along nicely and more pics will follow!!

95-gallon glass tank, 40-gallon sump/refugium tank, two 250w 12k Mh pendant lights, two T5 Actinics, two T5 10k's, about 100 lbs of live sand (thank you, Prada), a couple of borrowed powerheads (thank you, kilmca), and some miscellaneous snails and crabs (great hitchhikers!)...

_IGP7679.jpg

_IGP7678.jpg

_IGP7676.jpg

_IGP7670.jpg

_IGP7671.jpg

_IGP7680.jpg

We added the rock last night and everything has settled out. Got the sump/refugium tank system up and running today so the heater and temp gauge will be moved down eventually.....and so it begins...

We even managed to score a killer skimmer/pump system from SWF!

_IGP7685.jpg

_IGP7683.jpg

_IGP7684.jpg

_IGP7682.jpg

(laugh) I do have to admit we jumped the gun just a *bit* and tossed 2 clowns in there today. All of our sand was in a live tank so there's at least a little biological filtration going on....DOH!

We're waiting on more though...for sure.

Was nice to meet you today, Tom. Thanks again for keeping my LR!

Next time you are in Pdx I will offer you a little frag or a beer to thank you, your choiche :-)

Your tank looks nice! Sand was old and the LR you got is not plenty of stuff to die off, so your 2 clowns will do fine, don't worry. Just wait a few weeks for corals.

Next time you have to show me all the RC cars and airplanes you have in your garage. I was into that for a while too ;-)

alex