new member: mediocrereefer

mediocrereefer

cheers!

my user name says it all... 'relatively' new to the hobby. reside in the portland area. went from a very small 3gal startup tank to a 14gal biocube very recently.

stock:

green-star polyps

galaxia coral

(5) mushrooms

(3) snails

(1) hermit (the only surviving member from the 3gal crash of ought 9)

glad to be here.

Welcome. Like Steve mentioned. If you have the time to get over to the meeting Sunday you will not be dissapointed. Calvin (Kilmca) has an awesome 400 gallon system in his basement. I did my best to get some pics a couple of months ago but they don't compare to seeing it in person. It would also be an opportunity to add a couple of items to your tank (Maybe a frogspawn or zoas or whatever). Check this thread: http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14397 for some of the things that will be available to swap at the meeting. (Many of them will swap cash as well) Most of the swaps are worked out in advance to avoid stressing the corals unnecessarily but there may be a few extras and I know at least one member lives a block or two away that has a bunch of frogspawn and a variety of other stuff as well.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Rick

YES Welcome!(clap)

If you do go and upgrade your lights I would 2nd the suggestion on the T5's less heat and on my nano I went the halide route, but had it to close(VERY bright when it was raised-and HEAT)

Anyway switched later to T5 and was very glad.

Enjoy

Welcome.

I have some xenia and some zoas that are growing in my tank that I can pass your way for being a new member. I am one of the three other reefers that live just blocks from where the meeting will be held on Sunday. If you can make it to the meeting you can come over after and pick out some stuff to help fill your tank. :)

dsoz