Re-birth of a 240! (Mike's new thread)

Michael7979

Well I am writing this as I plan to dive head-long into the re-building of my 8 foot long 240 gallon tank, Saturday morning.

Quick back story:

My tank didn't like being moved!! That's the long and short of it.

In the morning I will be doing a big WC and a lot of testing. Along with cleaning my skimmer and a general cleaning of everything. I need to get all my electrical stuff organized, since I was able to get the additional power installed. Doesn't sound like a lot to do but it will take quite a bit of time I am sure. I will do my best to take as many pictures as I can. Hopefully I'll have something to show for my work by the end of the day!!! (fingers)

Then I can start to repopulate the tank!!! :D

Well yesterday was not a productive as I had hoped it would be. I mean, I got a lot done but it sure doesn't seem/look like it. DOH!

Made water and did a WC. Put some of my pumps thru a vinager bath. Got almost all of my electrical put where I want it. Need to wrap up some extra length of cords. To make it look cleaner. (clap) Oh yeah this thing called family took up some of my time too.

But there is still more to do today.

Clean remainder of pumps, clean skimmer (really good), might do another WC, and still just some general clean up around everything. I'd really like to get the 40b hooked back up into the system today too if at all possible. (naughty)

I'll do my best to take some good pictures and post them later on. :D

Wish me luck!!

OK so I took some pictures of what I have on the inside of my tank. You guys said you wanted pics........... so here we go! (remember these are all survivors!)

Hammer I got from Prada

mikefishtanksetup040.jpg

The only 3 acros that were spared

mikefishtanksetup051.jpg

Kinda hard to see but it's my LMB

mikefishtanksetup050.jpg

Don't know the name of this Monti

mikefishtanksetup049.jpg

My neon green toadie

mikefishtanksetup048.jpg

Glad to see Spike looking so well!

And things seem to be shaping up nicely! Looking good! :)

Yeah Suzy. He is still a pig and still very docile. The biggest fish in the tank and the biggest baby too.

(the rabbitfish was Siskiou's before he was mine)

And thank you, but still a long way to go!