Frag/T5 experiment build

Smann

Steve what T5 frag tank? I see no frags tank... I see a tank with cleaner shrimps and couple fishes' date=' corals.... look more like a displace tank :-)[/quote']

Here you go, cleaned the tank up bit. removed all the rock ,frags and scrubbed all and returned. Quite alot of coralline algae on the tank already.

This tank has the 400w 20K MH light

fragtank-1.jpg

Most of the corals are out of my main tank, a few I have bought

fragtank2.jpg

fragtank3.jpg

While I had the tanks down I switched the return loc-line from 3/4" to 1/2" you can see the reducer. I had made the first tank 3/4" then the second 1/2" (why, I dont know) so when I ran both off the same pump I had to reduce to balance the flow

I switched to a new bulb awhile back and it looks like the hair algae has slowed after cleaning.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Haven' posted for awhile so I thought I would do an update. Both tanks are doing well with lots of sps growth in the MH frag tank. The T5 tank is doing good all the corals have kept their color and most have grown at the base. The colors are alot lighter then the pieces they came from, the green stag is just starting to grow at the tips

also added to the T5 tank

cleaner shrimp

fire shrimp

a few snails, hermits

two green anemones (from main tank)

sally lightfoot

proptanks1109.jpg

The coral with the most growth is the Tubinaria (cup) in the upper back, it has about 1/8" new rim. Nothing has died so far and I have added several more corals since I started, Capnella,Singularia starts, a few more sps

T51109.jpg

t52.jpg

T52-1.jpg

Here are the T5 lights from front to back

Giesemann Aqua blue+

Giesemann Actinic +

UV Aquasun

UV Super actinic

UV Super actinic

Giesemann Actinic +

GE 6500k

Giesemann Midday