Fish stock list + what tang?

impur

Hey Miles here is my $.02

If you want a smaller tang go with a Kole, Tomini (beautiful), or Cheveron. All should stay on the smaller size and be pretty mellow.

I had a purple for some time until one day I woke up and it was dead. Good fish but some what of a bully. I would stay away from yellows and blues, to common to me.

I now have a Red Sea sailfin (dejarsani), great fish have had it for almost 2 weeks. Gets along good with my Doliatus rabbitfish, (check those out, very cool), either of the last 2 I think would work great!

As for others check out fathead anthias aka sunburst anthias, they will do OK as singles or a small group. LMB always good. Chromis are overrated, if you wait til I move my tank you can buy my 8, they are going to get replaced. Basslets and Grammas hide too much. Rainfords and Hectors are really cool. Mandrains now that you have a bigger tank with more LR.

Yah i'm still considering the madarin, but might skip it this time. My last one did so well eating frozen foods though.......I would like to get a pair or 3 anthias, either bartlet or sunburst, i think they would look great and are always active. Also considering a marine betta if i can find a small one.

So far i'm leaning toward the Dejarsani and Tomini.

Sheesh so many choices!!!

Thanks for everyones input, keep it coming!

Ive had a number of timinis through the shop and none of them were really that spectacular. All were hawaiian (which usually has great colors). If you do get one, be sure and get it from an LFS somewhere so you can see the colors, None of mine have ever had the yellows/purples as shown on liveaquaria etc. If you buy it online, I would bet it will show up mostly brown.

Its possible they only color up when they are older, all the ones I had were pretty small, like 2-3 inch.

I've got 2 of the Convict tangs in my tank and they are great, very peacefull and they are always eating the algae, a lot more then my yellow tang.

As for other fish I've heard that the Lubbock's Wrasses are supposed to be very good in schools and they will eat off pests from your SPS. I'm working on getting some for my tank now. I'm going to a bunch of fish I've found that I get a LOT better colors with lots of fish poop.

in my experance tangs in general only pick at corals if there not getting enough algae matter and some once they get there first taste its hard to get them to stop so make sure you feed a daily source of nori or other form of algae matter to crib this habit from starting.