how to paint a stand?

finch6013

Is this wood? Normally for wood a brush works better since you can lay it on thicker. (Wood soaks up spray paint pretty fast so it requires several coats instead of 1 or 2 coats with a brush)

What not to do:

Apply a thick coat of 2 in 1 sealant plus stain. The trick I found with the 2 in 1 stuff (Too late I might add) is to lay a good coat on and then use paper towels to wipe all of the excess off to even out the finish.

I think if you utilize a quick google search you find the difference between something that will work, and something that you will love for years. A nice primer, a good paint and a nice sealer will make it everything you want it to be.

A spray paint in my opinion will require more work then anything, because you will end up sanding and painting over and over just to get an even coat.

A stain is nice and easy but requires a nice even coat and a little bit of sanding.

A brush will leave strokes and I don't have any experience with spray but I imagine that if you do it right will end in the best paint job. However either way you choose be sure to spend the time and do a nice sealer or lacquer and it will be fine.

• 1 month later...
Guest Equageah73

how to paint a stand

If you lightly sand enamel paint then apply acrilic it will bubble the enamel . Uh, this is just something i heard from somebody who knows somebody who did this on a bike project once....