extream seaclone mod

reef165

so I got a seaclone from kilmca a couple weeks ago and spent some time looking at it and wondering what I could do to improve it. I only wish that I had taken pics through the mod but once I got started I had a vision and blinders on untill I was done then had whished for pics. so I will explane the best I can, hope you can remember what a seaclone looks like (cuz mine now isnt the same!) and hope the pics og the finished skimmer explanes a little.

So first thing I did was take the smallest flat screwdriver I had and a hammer and took out the waterfall return and the 2 inch clear tube above that by placing screwdriver between the black ring and the clear tube and taping with the hammer till it poped a little. Did that several times all the way arround the piece till it came free, did that for the black ring on top that holds the O ring for the colection cup and for the black piece better known as the waterfall return piece. Took a dremle to the black piece that had the o-ring and cleaned up all the burs inside the lip so that it could slide back onto the top of the main skimmer body, then as ya know theres a middle toob that is removable for cleaning and then theres the 3/4 inch tube that is fixed in place and many just shorten that piece to improve the skimmer, well with the middle tube out I broke off the small tube and used a 2 1/2 inch holesaw and held tite and drilled slow but drilled out that black plate. Then turned the middle tube upside down so the black flange now is resting on top of what is left of that bottom flange, marked the tube abought 3/4 inch down from level with skimmer body cut it and epoxied it to the black flange, then took a small piece of acrylic and supre glued it down infront of the pomp inlet to stor the syclone affect. I then used the dreml and cut a hole just big enouph for 3/4 pvc to slip into and added the return. then I cut the extra off the bottom of the collection cup and finnished with a beer!

I must say, WAW it really works well!! The pic of the skimmer working is only about 3 hours after install!

post-110-141867778246_thumb.jpg

post-110-141867778247_thumb.jpg

post-110-141867778248_thumb.jpg

post-110-14186777825_thumb.jpg

post-110-141867778251_thumb.jpg