New to PNWMAS

Fish

Hello, just paid my membership ans wanted to post a hello.

I've been doing reef keeping on and off for 5 years now. I failed miserably back in high school a long time ago. (Barelycuda might remember!) Anyway, I currently have a 37 gallon reef that houses a pair of seahorses, mandarin goby, tail spot blenny, sea hair, and a cleaner shrimp. After a recent house fire that burnt up all my aquarium equipment it took out my 55 gallon reef. MAKE SURE YOU USE A GOOD SURGE PROTECTOR! On a good note the 55 gallon reef put the fire out so this made me start a new aquarium.

I am currently building a 270 gallon reef in wall aquarium. It is 6 foot long, 2 feet wide, and 3 foot tall. Yup, aquascaping require me to put on the swim trunks. I have a large sump, with refugium made by Dave Harding @ Davy Jones (shameful pitch), ASM 4XX, 2 1 inch sea swirls, dart pump, and a barracuda pump for the closed loop, 2 400 watt halides 20k radium with lumamax hoods. I also put together a frag system on it's own separate system to collect and grow some frags.

The tanks is up and running, but needs a few more tweaks and 200 lbs of live rock. Yikes. I will post pictures of my tank this weekend to share. Thanks for reading, and hope to meet many of you in the near future!

Cheers!

Welcome to PNWMAS, please take sometime posts some pictures of your tank. My dream tank would be a wall divider aquarium. One side will be in my livingroom with all my entertainment big screen TV, the other side of the aquarium will be in my bedroom :-) 3:30AM so I am able to dream right? :-)

LOL! I was trying to think of a clever user ID and could not think of anything really cool. I thought to myself, "I'll just try Fish, it's simple and easy to remember, and it's probably taken a long time ago." I gave out a little "Whoo Hoo" when I got it.

Thanks for the compliment Joel. I just love the hobby and really admire the people who are into it. The hobby has spark interest in my children and even reconnected me to an old friend I have lost touch with for a long time.

Welcome Fish!

Good luck with the new tank.

I have a couple hundred lbs of concrete rock that is ready to be sold. It has been in a tank with saltwater and a few fish for the last three or four months. Let me know if you are interested. I can send pics if you want.

dsoz

Welcome Fish!

Good luck with the new tank.

I have a couple hundred lbs of concrete rock that is ready to be sold. It has been in a tank with saltwater and a few fish for the last three or four months. Let me know if you are interested. I can send pics if you want.

dsoz

If their handy shoot me a couple of pics and a price. I could still use a few more rocks in my small tank. Probably just make another batch myself but if you have a good enough deal I may go that route instead.

Hello Fish! Welcome to PNWMAS. It sounds like a nice setup you have. Getting any pictures to post yet?:D

I can relate to the electrical fire without a GFCI... I had this happen to my reef tank back in 1986. Fortunately, no losses or real damage.

If you would like to receive e-mail notifications of upcoming PNWMAS Meetings and Events, PM me your e-mail address and you will be added to the PNWMAS Evite list.

John Manrow

• Like 1