Has anyone else seen District 9?

CA2OR

I heard a lot about this movie. and It had great reviews. I didn't read any of the reviews... just the scores. I had several friends that told me to go see it. Unlike you CA2OR, I thought the movie was overhyped and wasn't as good as the scores said it would be. It was worth the watch... but I don't know how 50 billion f bombs can be called acting.

horrible! I've seen some crappy movies in the theater (talking to you hp and the half blood prince), But some movies are meant for the theater. I have a 52" top of the line samsung LCD... and it pales in comparison to seeing transformers on the imax screen in bridgeport... or seeing most movies in a nice, stadium seating theater. Benny, if your gf is falling asleep, you're doing it wrong (laugh)

I don't know. I defiantely enjoy movies in the theater. Especially with a nice stadium seating setup and IMAX screen. I really do enjoy sitting on my couch and watching movies on my 106" widescreen though. The surround sound is almost as good though I can't really crank it because of the apartment neighbors. I usually go to the movies once a week and we have a theater pub here in South Salem; one of my favorite thing to do. Great food, great beer, and good movies in an old, nostalgic theater make for good times.

District 9 gets some mixed reviews from me. Overall I liked the movie and can see how some would say that it is over rated and how some would think it was under rated. It definately is worth seeing but there is a lot of searing and a bunch of gore that some might find offensive or untasteful. Not a family movie unless your family is composed of people that can handle a good R rated movie. Interesting concept and not bad for a 1st time director.

Garrett

Hey hey! Lay off HP and the half blood prince! I liked it! Of course....I also have a strict policy about going into movies with zero expectations' date=' that way I'm never disappointed.[/quote']

i thought it was ok the first time i saw it. after seeing it again i realized how much it blew. That movie stunk!