Looking for a specialty part

sknoch78

I have a Korallin calcium reactor and I would like to put a ph probe in the lid of it. Does anyone know where to get the watertight fitting? I had found them at one point in time, but have since forgot where.

On this same note, I intend to run a second chamber for the reactor. Would you measure the ph in the first or second chamber?

Thanks,

Shawn

I've used them many times without an issue, I just put a little teflon tape around the threads and it works fine. Sometime you have to tweak around a little with the tightness to get it right but they work. As for those a MD I've heard of people having problems with them leaking, but I'm guessing it was not installed or used right.

Here is my DIY reactor with one of the Home Depot ones:

misc008.jpg

I just ended up buying a new lid with the probe holder from MD today. I found the parts at Lowes but after looking at the cost for a tap that size, it was cheaper to buy the lid. I thought about just drilling a hole and gluing it, but decided the new lid was a cleaner option.