Tank Update after the Millipora

Smann

For those that hadn't seen my tank before I had a large Millipora that I had grown from a frag in '02. I have to finish the year to year pictures in my gallery, I started it but the order got messed up so I deleted them but will have it up soon

The Milli succumbed to a bout of White Band Disease within the last two months and finally had to be removed.I also had a Hynophora and Green Slimer I decided to take out also

Here are a few tank pictures from before

tank308.jpg

All the Acros in this shot are gone also except the Green Slimer

lefttank2.jpg

The last shot of the Millipora

milli12.jpg

Here is a picture after it was removed, most had to be cut out in pieces but I did get one large section about a third in one piece. I thought it looked pretty cool but my wife decided it didnt belong on the coffee table so its on the bench in the garage

acrogone.jpg

After that I took out the Hydno and Green Slimer, the GS I cut and remounted a small colonie. I havent added any corals since just rearanged and added some LR to fill some space

Here is the tank now, I'm still working on things but its getting close. I did get a Monti cap fron Brandon but everything else was already in the tank

tankupdate.jpg

updateleft.jpg

I didnt see that my exposure wasn't set correctly until I uploaded the pics, sorry about the blury fish DOH!

updatemiddle.jpg

I have to finish cutting the cup coral, it makes a mess in the tank so I do a section at a time, I still have some pieces for sale

updateright.jpg

For now I'm going with what I have, It is nice to have some room to work in some new stuff. I bought some of Woodys 5$ frags and will use those for test pieces. Going to keep my eyes open and try to find some unusual or different corals to try

Bellissimo! what did you do with all of the corals you took out?

The Green Slimer I cut up and sold, still have some left. The Hydno I traded away as its not worth much, I still have another large colonie with lots of small branches that can be cut up if anyone is interested in Hydnophora.

• 2 weeks later...