Gotta have Vortech!!!

Benny503

I bought a used MP20 from Phil though here and loving. It rocks the surface water like the real ocean surface and you can see all the debrish flowing around the tank that Koralli (never mind i forget it name already.) can't even come close. A must have for reef. Easy use!!!

hopefully its the new one they came out with because I got mine when they first came out and it started to rust where the magnet was inside the tank! and in pulse mode the two halfs would seperate even though they were on the right thickness setting, I think it was a piece of junk so I traded it to sea horse hahaha

Lol drunkreefer (yeah I saw it at Seahorse and I saw it had nothing special beside the electrical and motor outside the tank), I believe this is a new one because the magnet protected by the outside cover and I dont thinnk any water can get into it, and around it have an orange o-ring on it. I know the older model you where talking about because I have two of them in my garage. Well it wasn't vortech it was for something else at my gf's but the concept is vortech :-)

"I believe this is a new one because the magnet protected by the outside cover and I dont thinnk any water can get into it.."

Both the old and the new are the same exact design. Water can get into the magnet area. The old magnets were coated in clear epoxy and it did not bond well to the metal which lead to bubbles. The new magnets are coated in a black compound and is reported to stick better to the metal, thus eliminating the problems. Easy to take apart the wet side and replace with new.

Benny my good friend. I fear for the safety of your tank in using this new dangerous pump. As any good friend should I will help you. Just bring the vortech over to my house, and I will run it on my system until I am absolutely sure it is safe for you. It should not take more then 2 years for my thorough diagnostic report.

Really Benny I don't mind doing this for you, since you have been such a good friend. Infact I insist.

:D

Yup yup Kevin, I would love to bring my pump to you house for diagnose report too. But like you said it a crappy pump and it is stuck into my tank... I used praying bar to pry it out and it stuck so hard that it wont even release. Maybe one of these day it will release then I will bring it to your house.... Your best friend Benny ha ha ha (my nose just getting longer and longer)

I think I am going to get an MP40W. I really like the wave ability and wireless controller. Plus it will put out as much flow as both of my other pumps and will allow me to create a more random flow environment. I am not 100% convinced, but I am pretty close. I have heard of several people having problems with the wet side and a few with the dry side. They have great customer service but for $400+ they should work flawless to begin with.

Tough decision. I may try to find one that is slightly used to save some coin.

Garrett

garrettem if you check out aqua cave they are having all their vortech 10% discount' date=' their promotion code is vortech10. It's a crazy pump, I never believe it until I have it.[/quote']

Thanks Benny! I will check it out. I am hoping to work out a trade with someone so that I can avoid as much cash spending as possible. I will be keeping my eye out. I am sure someone on RC will want some nice coral in exchange.

Garrett

Has anyone had issues dealing with Heat from external unit? I had a friend with a acylic tank that had issues. I was wondering if unit created heat?

thanks in advance,

Ed

I've been running an MP20 in my 20 gallon glass cube since January. No heat problems, the dry side barely gets warm. I can only turn it up about 1/2 way before the sand starts to fly. The MP10 would probably be better for me, but it wasn't out at that time.

I've seen the reports of folks claiming it melting acrylic tanks, but that doesn't match my experience.

-Darrell

Yup I check it out today after couple days of playing all kind of setting with it, and found the back magnet not even that warm. The MP20 I have had a little plastic that I put between the glass and and the dry pump so I dont think it can transfer any heat to the tank. I set my at 70%, if I go for 100% all the debrish on top of my sand would fly all over my tank :-)

Yup, after I had run the vortech and loving it. I did more search about it and found out their new product is MP10, it's smaller and have very much the same flow as the MP20. I am thinking about getting one for my tank.