!!!..ITS HOT...!!!

Smann

I bought a 9000 btu free standing AC unit on craigslist last winder for $150 thinking i might need it for the tank this summer. I sold it yesterday for $300. It was gone in less than an hour from when i posted it and the people didn't even try haggling on price. I bought the freestanding unit cause i didn't think the window unit we had would fit in the basement window, turns out it did with a little modifications to the window. I might try buying another unit(s) this winter and hope for another heat wave during next summer.

We moved in April to a place with a large cold basement thinking that our tanks would be safe down there.. it wasn't cool in the past few days but much better than outside or in the main part of the house. Our digital thermometer said the tank was in the lower 80's but things kept looking worse and worse... we kept testing parameters and everything was perfect, but corals looking bad still

Yesterday afternoon my husband went and bought some traditional thermometers (glass ones) and found that our digital one was off by almost 10 degrees!! Our tanks had been sitting in almost 90 degree water! We lost our biggest sps (a rufus that was really starting to take off) and an sps frag before our discovery and more are looking angry. So sad