WTB or trade- Dual overflow box

siskiou

My current overflow box is driving me crazy with its noise, despite having tried dursos and Hoffer's gurgle busters, etc.

I want to set up a Herbie, but need an overflow box with 2 outputs.

If anyone has an old one around they would let go for cheap or maybe trade for corals...

• 2 weeks later...

It's up and running as of today!

Got it all dialed in and tested it by closing the gate valve on the main drain all the way, and it's working just fine! The back-up drain takes over, if the main drain should ever get blocked.

I'm running a 4800 L per hour pump and use one U-tube.

It's sooo nice and silent!

Now I just have to build a silencer for the skimmer air intake... ;)

Now I just have to build a silencer for the skimmer air intake... ;)

For awhile I just threw an airstone on mine. I took it off eventually since I couldn't really hear it much with the stand doors closed.

Do you have a pic of the overflow box? (Especially the outside portion)

I'll give that airstone idea a try! Thanks!

I didn't take any pics before setting it up, and now it's hard to see.

It's a dual overflow and I have one drain totally without standpipe and then the other drain with a standpipe that's just a little higher than the water level in the utube portion of the overflow.

The gate valve is connected right below the drain without standpipe, and the end of the pipe into the sump from that drain is submerged.

Here is the best I could do, trying to take a pic with it set up:

post-46-141867747605_thumb.jpg

I'll give that airstone idea a try! Thanks!

I didn't take any pics before setting it up, and now it's hard to see.

It's a dual overflow and I have one drain totally without standpipe and then the other drain with a standpipe that's just a little higher than the water level in the utube portion of the overflow.

The gate valve is connected right below the drain without standpipe, and the end of the pipe into the sump from that drain is submerged.

Here is the best I could do, trying to take a pic with it set up:

Thanks, that shows it well enough along with your explanation. It looks like I'll be able to modify my current overflow to make it work. Just need to drill another hole on the u-tube side and add a standpipe there and then throw a valve on under the drain that is there now. I'll be doing this in the next few days probably as the sucking sound every few seconds is really getting old fast.