"black bugs"? an LPS parasite

Isaac

so has anyone actually seen proof of these things? I have seen pods eating on dead flesh of LPS but never assumed they were the reason and I have treated for red bugs but it also wipes out your pod population and my system defiantly took a dive for a few months until I was able to reestablish them so I hope folks think this through before just dosing just because.

I agree Jody. Such a harsh treatment should only be a last resort. I have began to believe that the small black bugs in the photos I have seen are nothing more than scavengers eating the dying flesh of a coral with a bacterial infection. No matter what a coral dip for a new arrival and quarantine are both good ideas. I have found Melafix and povodone iodine both to be safe and beneficial coral dips.

I agree Jody. Such a harsh treatment should only be a last resort. I have began to believe that the small black bugs in the photos I have seen are nothing more than scavengers eating the dying flesh of a coral with a bacterial infection. No matter what a coral dip for a new arrival and quarantine are both good ideas. I have found Melafix and povodone iodine both to be safe and beneficial coral dips.

This I agree with completely as with above mentioned , REVIVE and TMPCC also works wonders at differing doses to rid unwanted hitch hikers.