New Fan Of Fans

Algae

Just a heads up. Fred Meyers has 4" silent clamp-on fans for $11.00 ea. Primarily plastic, which I wanted. With the hot weater (predicting 100 in Eugene in a couple of days) it can be useful. First time I've used a fan and it works really well. My central AC broke (contractor said 3 ton was oversized-ISN'T).

I got a hunch that a fan is just a fan. Even the Sunlight Supply fans they don't bother to relabel. Then again, there are some high-end fans that are nice.

Just bought another for my sump for the upcoming heat wave. Got a load of freezer containers in the fridge.

I like having one blowing on my sump even though i have AC. My tank gets up to about 80.5 and thats when i have the fan kick on. Right now i have a 4" fan jimmy rigged and it only gets like half the sump. The clip-on would be great. Thanks for the heads up, you are good for something Franklin!! (laugh)

BTW i'm gonna ship that stuff out next week. Could you meet me at my place like at noon on tuesday?

Right now i have a 4" fan jimmy rigged (laugh)

QUOTE]

That's funny, I always thought the term was "Miles Rigged"?

I can come over on Tuesday. Can you help me bag? I have never bagged for shipping.

No Jimmy set this one up for me (laugh)(whistle)

Yah i can do that. I don't have long for lunch but i think we could get it done. I usually put in a cup or 2 of water, drop in the frag, then tie a knot in the bag. I triple bag them this way. Rubberbands are a pain. I get the bags from petco when no one is looking (whistle)(whistle)

I run a 4" clip on fan in the sump, and a chiller as backup if the fan can't cool enough. The evap is bad, but keeping the tank at or below 79 is more important to me. On hot days we will have the window AC's going as well.

Nyles - fans over chiller...really? I love my chiller as it is MUCH quieter than any cheapo fan I have ever had and I KNOW it will cool it if I am not at home to have the AC running.

I have my system on a controller, the fans and sump are in the garage so its dead silent. The controller it set to turn off the light if the system overheated but it has never happened, the fans to a excellent job, there not the 4" fans though they are 12" fans over the top of the sump and the sump is in an insulated enclosure.