New fish: green clown goby

thumpersalley

I've had these fish in the past and I really like their behavior but they will perch on corals causing them not to open if they have polyps. I've also heard they'll nip at SPS polyps but when i had them i didn't have any SPS so i can't confirm that. The pair I had ate flake, mysis, brine, daphnia and cyclopeze. At one time i had a pair of green and yellow clown gobies and like I said they were great fish.

I brought home a green one and that was the last time I saw him.

Had some yellows and the first two did good until marine velvet wiped out most of my tank. Second two decided to commit suicide by getting sucked into my korilias.

They are cute little buggers though.

I had a couple of green clown gobies at separate times that just seemed to vanish also. Later I tried again when I had a larger tank with some sps corals and bright lighting. That little guy responded very well and was always a fun show hanging out on the stony corals. The latest one had also been added to a full tank of fish and fit right in.

I had 2 at one time. Both hung out together and they were very cute until one day I couldn't find one. Found out he swam down into the sump. I had no way of covering those openings on my previous tank. I put him back and he just disappeared. My other one hung around for a while and loved to live in my xenia. I had a forest going on and he would love to swim through it! One day I couldn't find him either! Great personallity!!!

Thanks for the info. I have really come to enjoy the gobies & similar fish. My favorite fish is my pearly jawfish' date=' hes got more personality than I ever thought a fish could have! Kim[/quote']

X 2.

:D This is our Earl. He is constantly moving our snails and hermits out of his space. It is really funny to watch.

Earl5-4-098.jpg