how high to mount T5's

ringwurm

I been told 3" above the waterline. i am setting up a 40 gallon breeder. 36x18x16 and will be using the 6 lamp tek. I plan on just hanging it inside my wood canopy.

With a hook in the front so i can raise the front for glass cleaning and aqua scaping. If you are not using a hood I would just by the legs that go with the tek.

I been told 3" above the waterline. i am setting up a 40 gallon breeder. 36x18x16 and will be using the 6 lamp tek. I plan on just hanging it inside my wood canopy.

With a hook in the front so i can raise the front for glass cleaning and aqua scaping. If you are not using a hood I would just by the legs that go with the tek.

Do you have a diagram of your canopy?

I'm trying to decide what to do with my Tek fixture (hang from the ceiling, maybe, so I can raise and lower it as needed for cleaning?).

But if there is a good way to hang it inside a canopy and still be able to reach into the tank without problems, I'd rather avoid drilling the ceiling.

Will a canopy lead to overheating of the fixture?

No pics yet i am still putting it together.

I just got done sanding and painting the stand and hood this weekend. next is to pick up the the tek light. i was thinking of doing a retro kit but its the same cost as the complete tek-5 hood.

I also need to pick up a return pump,wavysea or seaswril, liverock, extra job, sand...

I'm going to be making a canopy for my TEK fixture. I plan to make it just like any other hood. Just larger than the outside of the tank. Rails on the inside will sit on the tank lip. Then a few inches above that another set of rails for the fixture to sit on. Offsetting fans on both ends will be needed i think.