Acro problem

Nate213

The base of one of my acro frags is dying. I havent changed anything for quite a while and have had this frag for almost a year. I just noticed it yesterday. Should I frag off the top portion, or just watch it?

See the base turning white.

Acro07-06-09.jpg

This is the other side.

Acro2.jpg

Nothing is close enough to sting it, and I havent seen anything picking at it.

Man, I dont like reading about the white band disease. Does it spread to other colonies, or just isolated?

Right now my QT doesn't have sufficient lighting for SPS. I have a 40 gallon breeder, but have been looking for a 36" light. Should I still remove the frag from the DT?

So far moving them to a different tank has worked, cut the base off and reglue it or seal it with glue. the lower light wont kill it for a short period, may lose some color but it will come back

Will have an update on my tank tonight or tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it had good flow. Maybe too much flow.

Anyway, I fragged it into three pieces and placed in my QT tank. It has been in there for almost 2-weeks. One of the small frags died, but the other two look great. No indications of white coming back. How long should I leave it in QT? Both frags are already losing color due to the poor light.