The end of a...

kriswaters

;) Very awesome time I have had as President of the Pacific North West Marine Aquarium Society!

It certainly has been a whirlwind of a year! After all, when John Manrow called and asked if I would be interested in running for Vice President last May, I said "Sure! That would be fun!"

The next thing I know, I am President!

I have met a lot of fine individuals the last year, and I want to take a second to thank each and every person who has devoted their own personal time to this club!

Brandy Bicknell...your effort in record keeping was immaculant to say the least! I realize how much effort and time it took to keeping things "in order". Thanks so much for your commitment! I hope I can keep the same pace in the year to come!

John Manrow...you know a lot of people! It is truely apparent that your experience and time in the hobby in INVALUABLE to this club! You have gotten some great speakers and have secured a TON of fabulous donations for our club members to enjoy via raffle and drawing wins! I congratulate you on your new position as President!

Jay Payne...wow. I am not sure how I would have functioned if I didn't have you to lean on! You have provided me with a ton of information on the workings of this club and the workings of "an organization" as a whole! I really enjoyed spending time with you at some of our events this year! You are a real kick! Thanks again for all of your insite!

Dave Durr, Doran Figart and Miles Dodge...thanks for extending your time to the Board of Directors. Each and everyone of you had something inteligent and important to bring to our club. It is with great minds...that an organization like ours survive! Doran and Miles...I will be sad to see you go! Dave...good luck in the impending run off!

Rob Allen...Are there really words I can put down to describe how awesome it is that you moved to Portland?! You and Carolyn are the some of the neatest individuals I have ever met! Rob, you have revamped our Web Site, brought instite from "abroad" (meaning outside of the greater NW LOL!) and have given this club a vision in direction! I look forward to continue working with you for many years to come!

And, how can I forget...the many,many members that have made such an impression in my life! Put the difference of opinions aside...you are all a great bunch of people! Each and every one of you has something to bring to this club! Afterall, with out different "takes" on life...experience is non-existent. It takes many views, from many people, and many different interactions to make a person "seasoned" and "well rounded"...and ultimately, experienced.

I am glad that I had the experience as President of this great club!

Good luck to John Manrow, your new President.

Mark Jackson, your new Vice President.

Rob Allen, your new Treasurer.

Myself, your new Secretary (yeah...I couldn't let it all go!)

and 4 of the 5 Board of Directors

Bob Mays "Lowman"

Jody Grow "reefboy"

Roy Seine "stylaster"

Isaac Seidel "Isaac"

We will announce the 5th BOD (as there is a tie between Dave Durr and Joel Lavin-don't forget to vote!) in the next few days!

Thanks again

Kris Waters

Thanks and congratulations to all!

I am looking forward to a new start in PNWMAS with less politics and drama, which will allow us to better focus on activities, events, and more family involvement.

The Tanks For Teachers program, and our involvement with Hatfield Marine Science Center are just now seriously getting under way, and I am excited about the possibility of our PNWMAS teachers and their students working together with HMSC in the near future!

I would also like a closer working relationship with our Sponsors, including ways the club can better support them, rather than basically supplying them with an advertising space and asking them for donations! All this will take the help of all of our Officers, BOD Members, and of course, our PNWMAS Members!