DIY magnetic Powerhead Anchor

rmhuntley

No, but i just figured out how toi make "frag-mags" for less than $2 and completely encapsulate them in acrylic so rusting and scratching your tank is a non issue. Same thing could easily be done with just a bigger magnet. Im not sure what you mean by powerhead anchor....might be the exact same thing kinda..............

?????

A big mag scraper is $25-50.

You could do the same thing i did with my acrylic fragmags with a bigger magnet for somewhere between $10 and $20 i bet. Just simply buy 2 strong magnets, drill a hole in a thick enough piece fo acrylic to house it and then use weldon #16 to glue two thin sheets of acrylic to both sides. Prevents leaking and scratching.

• 1 month later...

So I'm trying to make this, and was wondering...if the powerhead is right on the magnetic mount, wouldn't it affect the powerhead itself? Does it need a spacer between the powerhead and the magnet holder? Or is it perfectly fine to just glue the powerhead onto the thing?