MH Par

SnowboardKid26

The venture14 The XM15k 400wt. I had a real concern about the out put of either. I run PFO ballasts and was having one checked, Now I had 5 bulbs that I was going to buy, they were all for deep 30" tanks, so I was concerned on the out put. I asked if they ha done a comperison on the 2, They had not, soooo I talked them into hooking one up, ventura first, we let this run for a bit, no reflector, just fired up on the same ballast. I used my hand, moving it close then away about 30" to see the dispursment and strainth of the light it's self, including color. Ok next the XM, did the same thing as before. Now, there were 5 of us checking this very unscientific test out. The conclusion, at least for me, and protecting other parties, was the XM hands down, for par, brightness, and consitration of light, at the 30" I have in the past used usheo and hamilton. I wil stick with the XM and on my next tank go to the 20K

Your lookin at what your lookin at. You have to desiffr the information. It is showing the light spectrum, range, (concitration of light, in a spicific range)and intensity, of the individual lamps, fired by different ballasts, if you look, the HQI over drives the bulbs.