picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=267

Skinning

picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=397

picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=396

picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=398

Stain and Finish

picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=394

picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=395

The Drawer is fully removable. I put it in for holding electrical equipment, but that could change of course. That is why I made it removable.

This thing is solid. The top measures 25 X 26 deep. It is designed for a cube such as a solana or perhaps something a bit larger.

The overall height is 34 1/2 inches. I am only 5' 7". This should help with maintenance a bit.

This is where I got the idea. So simple. I think I will paint it black too. Wanareef where are you located.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2009-04/diy/index.php

OH MAN!! you just made my day (rock2), I was looking all afternoon for this link. I knew I had seved the link but I thought it was on RC I looked all thru the threads

Thanks(laugh)

By the way sweet stand, very nice work

3/4 uses 6'' of pipe to make a 90 degree bend. So if total stand and tank is 54'' plus the 20'' for the hanging room, you would want to make a mark at 80'' and bent back towards the 74'' inch mark of your total. Since conduit comes in 10' sticks you could just bend close to that with room on both ends and then cut each end to the length you want. That is what I would recommened since doing this slightly wrong magnifies the problem and it will come out an inch or two off easily. Also when using the bender, assuming it is a hand bender. You will place the conduit in the bender and on the ground with the handle in the air. Place all your weigh on the foot to bend with your weight. If this is not done and you just bend it with by only pulling back on the handle then the pipe will kink

I didn't realize what you were doing. I have 7/8" heavy wall (.080 if I recall right) T304 polished stainless steel tubing. For the bends I have a boat top support tubing bender that bends about a 7" radius bend. The tubing is the same stuff used for making boats tops so it should stand up well for the intended purpose. I.E. You would not want to paint it. If this is something your interested in let me know and we can talk specifics.