Help with Pics IE 8

Smann

well I am not sure what is different in your systems vs mine. I am running vista ultimate 32bit' date=' completely updated sp3 and so on. I have updated flash and java. I keep all applications up to date. I can remote in and take a look at the systems with problems if that would help. My advice would be to verify all apps and windows is up to date with both critical and all other updates.[/quote']

I am running a dual boot system XP PRO and Vista Ultimate 64 bit. IE8 would not allow most, not all, but most pics.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I am not sure what is different in your systems vs mine. I am running vista ultimate 32bit' date=' completely updated [b']sp3 [/b]and so on. I have updated flash and java. I keep all applications up to date. I can remote in and take a look at the systems with problems if that would help. My advice would be to verify all apps and windows is up to date with both critical and all other updates.

I think you meant Vista sp2. ;)

This issue wasn't limited to Windows Vista. I checked it on both XP and Windows Vista and it was occurring with both when they were fully updated including IE8 and all service packs. The cause is listed early in the thread and is related to a forum setting which has now been corrected. In a nutshell IE8 now has better security regarding unknown files which is what the pictures were showing up as. IE7 and Firefox both load them up even though they could be a security risk.

Not that it matters now but I checked this with 3 systems running Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit, one running Vista Home Premium 64 bit, one running XP Professional 32 bit, and one running XP Home.

Take a look and see if it is working. Let me know.

Working, thanks Rob for sorting that out.(rock2)

Now I can actually enjoy peoples pictures. Gonna have to go back and see what I missed.DOH!

I think you meant Vista sp2.

I was wondering when SP3 came out(scratch).