SHOULD I USE OR NOT Phosban reactor

CCCP

I have cooked rock and no measurable phosphates and run phosban 3 1/2 weeks out of the month anyway...i run carbon in the reactor the other few days.............FWIW, i have zero nuisance algae in my tanks.............I started doing this about 4 months ago after i heard someone who i look up to very much did it...........I dump the stuff every time and rinse it for about ten minutes before putting it in

I like them and have my return pumps set up to run my chiller and phosban reactors as well so only one pump is needed for all 3 jobs.

well i dont have alge growing but i dont wanna get one either

I just hooke it up to my system in one reactor i have phosphate and the other one nitrates will see how it works, i will run it for few days see the result. will post if i notice anything different that happens in the aquarium.

post-204-141867734554_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867734556_thumb.jpg

Did you TEST before you hooked the 2 up???? We would all be interested in the results. Please give it a week and test. If you don't do it yourself. Take a water sample to foxy in a week. Besure to take out 1/3 of your algi. ith the 2 canisters hooked up. you won't have the 'FOOD' for the algi. You don't want it to die off, recreating the problem of it releasing back into the water phospate and nitrates. Does this make sence to you????

Phosphate reactor, rowaphos, and some snails kicked my hair algae problem in two weeks. Just keep up with the water changes, and removal of the dead algae as stated before. Rowaphos took my phosphates down from 0.5 to untestable in 1 day. Been running for like a week now, and the phos is still untestable. I haven't seen any undesirable reactions since I began.

well here is my alge grows like crazy i'm tired of cuting it off' date=' at list once in 3 weeks. and for you CCR it's not 2 reactors with phosphate, one of them is nitrates the other one is Phospate.[/quote']

Yup see it in the picture

Your so funny!!! And how much is that test kit in the window. LOL(plotting)

well here is the thing or the Lalifert test kit is way off or i have no phosphates what's soever. it was showing same thing befor and after same sh*t hummmmmmmm well the test kit shows that i got 00.1 phosphates in the system, and looking at the alge and everything i have in my tank looks really happy and healthy.....

CCR what test kit in the window i dont see anything ???? any hints??????/

So. Your saying that the levels are the same. Before and after the phosband? I still would get the meter to set, check PH in tank and for setting up and maintaining your CA reactor. Also you need to test the ro/di water, with the phosphate kit.The test kit i was kidding really relates to the meter you looked at that measured TDS. If the filters on your ro/di unit are used up, it will let, and release phosphates back into the system

well i think the title of the thread explains itself, some people say that using Phosban reactor is a bad idea because it makes the phosphates too low, and some corals need some say its' a good idea.

Anyone have any facts, suggestions.....????? (scratch)

What kinds of corals are you keeping. Strictly SPS corals need 0 PO4. But LPS and softies don't require that low.

FWIW you can make a PO4 reactor for around 15-20 bucks not counting the media. Real simple. I guess you could run an experiment to see if it really helps your tank or not and only be out maybe 35 bucks worse case scenario.

i dont think it's worth making one, to much time and effort, you can get it online for 30 backs from ebay or 55$ from advanced aquarium or 59$ from CRPC the PM one. but on ebay i saw many of them that was from 20 to 38 backs companies like KENT< PHOSBAN< PM

well i run small pump i think it's like 98gpr or somethign like that, plus i have too chambers" reactors" first it runs water to my phosban reactor with media than from there it goes to my second reactor with nitrates media, than from there it shoots to my sump sock. i hope that will slow the curent :D