Birdsnest and Zoa ID Please.

CA2OR

I always find this interesting as a few weeks back on another forum I sponsor I did a post asking folks to vote whether I should still name stuff or just use the common name on my site and amazingly over 80% wanted stuff to be named just because so with that said you can agree or disagree but those look like "Sunset Orange" zoanthids to me and CA2OR blue polyped B-nest:)

I always find this interesting as a few weeks back on another forum I sponsor I did a post asking folks to vote whether I should still name stuff or just use the common name on my site and amazingly over 80% wanted stuff to be named just because so with that said you can agree or disagree but those look like "Sunset Orange" zoanthids to me and CA2OR blue polyped B-nest:)

That isn't CA2OR blue polyped birds nest!!! He got that little chunk from my huge colony!!!(enforcer) I think it has to be named after me since I am still the majority holder of the piece by about 95%:p:p:p J/K

Try not to worry about getting a super duper name of something. I bought some really nice zoanthids that the shop called Bird Of Paradise, but that means nothing to most people...and I don't feel like trying to convince others they are some super zoa that no one has (they are probably common anyways!) :) What I care about is how they look sitting in my tank and if I like them or not.

Try not to worry about getting a super duper name of something. I bought some really nice zoanthids that the shop called Bird Of Paradise' date=' but that means nothing to most people...and I don't feel like trying to convince others they are some super zoa that no one has (they are probably common anyways!) :) What I care about is how they look sitting in my tank and if I like them or not.[/quote']

I know, you can't name a birdsnest anyway. I'm sure their is hundreds if not thousands of people before me that had a colony of it. Names are nice to keep track of what you are looking at but the price that ends up coming with is less attractive...

Agree with Andy, I am not so interested in the exact name as much as did it look normal. The polyps have been changing colors in almost all of my BN since I upgraded my lighting, actually almost every coral I have is changing.