Pump for Chiller

steelhead77

I'm looking for a pump for my PCI CL 280 chiller. The manual says it requires anywhere from 500-800 gph and the chiller adds 6ft of head. Currently I have a Quiet one 4000HH as my return. I have it hooked up to go thru the chiller and then up to the tank. It works, but the flow back into the tank is not where I'd like it.

I guess there are 2 other ways to go:

1) Use a bigger pump and tee off of my main return pump into the chiller (with a valve to control flow) and then up to the tank.

2) Use a separate pump and close-loop it from the sump up to the tank.

So I'm looking for either something like a PCX-40 (or equivalent) for option #1 or another Quite One 4000HH (or equivalent) for option #2.

If anyone has one of these, I'd appreciate a quick PM. I'd also appreciate any other advice or thoughts on the set-up.

Thanks,

Scott

I have a QO 4000, which might be the regular model not the HH as I don't remember the HH thing, that can be used if the pump is submersed or if you can figure out how to get it to stop leaking. It might just need an O ring. I went with something that was quieter.

I ran it for two years or so. So a two year old pump that leaks . . . make me an offer. Make it low. I'm thinking in the $10 to $15 range shipped. I have no idea how much shipping would be. I might go lower. :D

I dont know how much water that return pump of yours moves, but I have powered a cl280 and similar along with a return and a small canister filter on several different systems with a mag 12, including my current 90 and the return flow is perfect

There is absolutely no point in moving any more water through yoru sump thatn your skimmer can process in the first place. if you do you are just diluting the dirty water with clean and cutting your skimming ability short.

I bet you are fine and better off as is than trying to upgrade

jmo