My new Biocube 29G

Benny503

It's new to me but I bought it used from Ryan (R-3), and from what I knew Ryan trade with Fred (Frednack) here is the link to Fred's original tank

I got the fish tank stand from Ryan (R-3) . Took it home and put few layers of primmers on it and painted the colors that I wanted. Now the tank is mine so I made a few of my own modifications with the help of Magel from "The Frog Prince Water Gardens" here in Grants Pass. We removed the back wall and used the original overflow. We drilled 1" in the back where the 3rd chamber used to be and put it a silenser. I have a old 15G wet\dry filter that mods into a sump. I like sump better.

post-3145-141867776493_thumb.jpg

post-3145-141867776496_thumb.jpg

post-3145-141867776499_thumb.jpg

post-3145-141867776502_thumb.jpg

Lets list what I got for my tank today:

Filter Sock

3/4 elbows

Hose return

drain hose

SCWD-Switching Current Water Director

1" elbow

Check Valve 3/4

2 bushings

3 fittings

3/4 flex hose

3/4 elbow

fitting

1" bulkhead fitting

Pondmaster Magnetic drive utility pump 500GPH

Loc-Lines

4 flare noggles

1/2 in Y fitting

1/2 connectors

a few miscellanoush to tie the hose to the parts.

post-3145-14186774545_thumb.jpg

post-3145-141867745453_thumb.jpg

post-3145-141867745457_thumb.jpg

post-3145-14186774546_thumb.jpg

Yeah Steve, I moved to Grants Pass since January. I still travel to PDX for work weekly, any trade around PDX will still be good. I remember I still own you a favort, I told myself one of these day will stop by your place to pay you back (whistle) but lately busy with cleaning the house in Pdx so I can put it up for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

OK this is very serious... I am not a new to this hobby, And so I am not a beginner. And please,I dont want any body to cry for my mistake (this can cause an arguement from my gf and I. This is what I have in my mind and I am going to keep it that way....SSSSSO no matter how much failure I will involt and how much I will start this tank over all I have to say I did lotssssssssssssssssss of reseach and I am going to do it my way... so back up... please let me do it my way because it's my choice... I dont need you telling me what to put in this tank so pleasssssssssssssssssse dont tell me what to put in my tank .....

OK this is very serious... I am not a new to this hobby' date=' And so I am not a beginner. And please,I dont want any body to cry for my mistake (this can cause an arguement from my gf and I. This is what I have in my mind and I am going to keep it that way....SSSSSO no matter how much failure I will involt and how much I will start this tank over all I have to say I did lotssssssssssssssssss of reseach and I am going to do it my way... so back up... please let me do it my way because it's my choice... I dont need you telling me what to put in this tank so pleasssssssssssssssssse dont tell me what to put in my tank .....[/quote']

Woah, where did that come from? I think that it is everyone's choice to stock their tank how ever they want to. Its your money, your time, and your tank. You and I started on this forum, and I think in this hobby, right around the same time. While we both have been around for about a year, there are definitely folks on this forum that have been involved in SW a lot longer. That's why I run my ideas past them, for feedback. I wish you the best success with your tank, and I do hope that you don't feel like anyone is telling you what to do.

He he he Sorry about this post because I got some nasty private message from some people that I will not post name :-) That person is very much calling me a stupid for ruining a perfect all in one biocube, that person telling me to put the false wall back ha ha ha ... I know I spend a lot time and money into it, but I like DIY stuffs.

I also ripped the false wall out of the back on my tank. It was an AIO pacific coast cube, but I wanted to add an over flow box to run a sump which I couldn't do with the false wall in there. So out it came! The lid too was quickly removed in leu of a sunpod fixture. Modifications to your tank are your decision. Anyone who disagrees is delusional.