my first salt water tank

tom_c55

Day 1 I started off with a 20 gallon of craigslist with an under gravel filter. I got some instant ocean reef salt mix, and a standard hood with a 50/50 bulb. Live stock: condy anemone, 2 polyp frags, xenia frag, chocolate chip starfish, 2 scarlet hermits, 3 damsels, and 5 pounds live rock

Week 2: got rid of the starfish, added 5 more pounds live rock 4 more frags and a current satelite 1x65 watt

week 3: got rid of a damsel xenia died, used tap water got algae

week 4: got 2 clownfish and 2 large snail they took care of the algae, got 2 more hermits blue legged, 3 more frags thats it so far i will be getting more next week. any one know where the cheapest live rock is?

for pics check out my profile im not sure how to get them from my album to here

Welcome.

I saw an advertisement for Davy Jones Locker (one of our sponsors) that said he has live rock. I don't know the price. It is worth calling and going out to Troutdale/Gresham.

Also The Fish Tank people has rock, both natural and manufactured for $4/lb. Give them a call.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12380

Welcome to the forum. :)

Let me know when your tank stables out, I usually give some starter corals to newbies. :) That way you have something to look at. You just have to come to Oregon City to get them. :)

dsoz

• 2 weeks later...