Ever notice..?

andy

Scott did a great job but I think he could have done more to teach techniques of how to accomplish the different styles of aquascaping. All I really got from him was a bunch of pictures that any of us can obtain with google. he did give some good ideas on the rock lifts and towers, but I would have liked to see him go into more detail on some topics. It was great having him there and he did a great job with what he presented.

I'll be checking out that link for sure!

Now I only need some advice how to keep zoanthids from taking over every rock, while I try and make new plans!

I have this problem too. My rock-work consists mostly of 2 large caribbean pieces that have some flat smooth surfaces that zoas LOVE to colonize. What I've started to do is put a tiny dab of super glue on a couple piece of LR rubble and glue them around where I want to colonies to end. My plan is to let the zoas grow over the rubble, then pull it off, X-acto the connecting tissue, and BINGO! A frag! All while limiting the growth of my zoa colonies.

I have this problem too. My rock-work consists mostly of 2 large caribbean pieces that have some flat smooth surfaces that zoas LOVE to colonize. What I've started to do is put a tiny dab of super glue on a couple piece of LR rubble and glue them around where I want to colonies to end. My plan is to let the zoas grow over the rubble' date=' then pull it off, X-acto the connecting tissue, and BINGO! A frag! All while limiting the growth of my zoa colonies.[/quote']

Thats a good idea. I bought one of these fragging stations for just that purpose. Its a ceramic "rock" with 5 holes for frag plugs. You let the zoas grow over the whole ceramic rock and over the frag plugs, then once the plug is covered with zoas you cut the connecting tissue, remove the plug and replace with a new one. Viola instant frags!

p-33884-44371-fish-supply.jpg