1. 1.

• Brown KTFO Faber
    • Brown by submission
    • Brown by decision
    • Faber by decision
    • Faber by submission
    • Faber KTFO Brown

What channel Andy?

I have been watching Strikeforce on Showtime. Just saw Cung Li kick Frank Shamrocks butt. Broke his right arm with repeated kicks to said arm. It was nasty. Frank didn't know it was broken and tried to punch Cung Li in the face with his broken arm. Ouch!!!!!!!

Jake Shields and Robby Lawler is Saturday night.

Shane

Not sure exactly what's going on in Strikeforce... I don't really follow it since I dropped Showtime, I just see the occasional posting about it at some of the blogs I follow. I'm a UFC/WEC fanboy for the most part.

Grab UFC Wired (for more recent bouts) and UFC Unleashed (for more classic fights). WEC Wrekcage has a bunch of old WEC fights. If you like the reality TV thing, The Ultimate Fighter can be fun though it's had it's really obnoxious moments in the past. This season is a bit more toned down... aside from Bispbing's personality of course.

I'm still waiting for Hulk Hogan's return to the ring...should be interesting if they could match him against The Undertaker or even Macho Man Randy Savage...not sure who this Cung Li Kung Fu guy is or why he is kicking somebody in the butt while being sick, but I'll try to follow along. Bet he couldn't deal with Hulk's piledriver!!! Man, I miss Andre the Giant!!

DrMerle

I think if the fight says on it's feet, then Mike Brown will be victorious. But Faber's ground game is too much for Brown. I don't think Faber will make the same mistake twice with this guy. If you saw the Brown/Curren fight, you'll know that he is vunerable on the ground.

So even with a broken hand Faber put up a really good fight. Had he had full use of his right hand I think the outcome would have been different.

Yeah he had Brown a couple times on the verge but couldnt hold it with his hand all messed up. Good fight though!!

Faber needs to learn to slow it down a notch or three... his go for broke attitude has cost him the title twice now. He's really gifted physically, but I think his mental game could use some work. Brown stuck to his game plan and just wore Faber down. I know this'll sound kind'a stupid, but I'm not sure Faber's hand made all that much difference... sure, he could maybe have got a big shot in but you could also say that Brown would then have had more opportunity to counterpunch (which was his strategy for the fight anyways). Faber wasn't rocking him with those killer elbows... only a shot right on the button would rock Brown -- he's got a Leben-strength melon.

But man, Faber is a beast. You know the guy's good when his strategy to get off the ground is to give up his back. Over and over and over again... and the champ can't take advantage.

Aldo is going to take the belt away from Brown. Check out some of the vids of Aldo (youtube, sherdog) in his vale tudo fights in Brazil... they're crazy. The guy is half Anderson Silva and half Faber... on 8 cans of Red Bull.

I did feel bad for Jens. I hope he can retire before he gets hurt bad. Faber has got to have the biggest heart in the world. Did you see how badly his hand was injured?!?!?! If he could have held that choke...................

It's exciting to see the young talent. That Brazilian kid opened up Cub Swanson. That had to be the one of the fastest knockouts in WEC history.

Great fights last night. I think the WEC did a great job.

Faber is a talent. Once he gets the mental aspect he will be so untouchable. I agree to that if Faber has a good hand he wins that fight.