Heater failure...

drock59

hands down these are the most accurate heaters i have ever used. I have 4 of them but cvant attest for the longevity as i only started using them 6 months ago. But ive never heard anything negative.

Just dont pull them out of the water, forget to unplug them and set them on the carpet...... (laugh)

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_heaters_won_brothers_pro-heat_titanium.asp?CartId=

Guest Mbeef61

agree with fly guy here....i have had my 300 watter going for three years....i can also attest to the accuracy too...the one i have has digital readout saying if its plugged in...then a light to say if the heating element is on....then a digital readout of the temp....i wouldnt ever get anything else....lol i hear you with the carpet incident...i never thought burning chaeto would smell like burnt hair.

ebo jager pyrex glass heaters. accurate and reliable. virtually indestructive....(mind i did say virutally) I have one i have used for 4+ years, before that it was in storage for 5+ years (the tank i bought was in storage) and before that it was running for two years...hope that helps.

I have had a Won Bros. heater since 2002 and it's still going strong. I have seen many Aqua-Vias returned to the LFS. I have not yet tried the Gen-X Titaniums. Since titanium heaters are relatively new in the hobby, I'm sure improvements have been made in the last couple of years.

If you have thousands invested in livestock (not sure about your tank, I dont recall the size) I would invest in a controller. Then you have a fail safe, a heater thermostat, and the controller, both have to fail to cook your tank.

IMO its your best insurance over any other devices on a tank, except maybe a good topoff system.

I have looked into heaters that are used for raising Discus. A high quality heater is absolutely necessary raising these fish! Ebo-Jager, Rena, Won Bros., Hydor, and Rainbow-Lifeguard Systems are a few recommended.

Has anyone used the Hydor THEO heaters? I would like to find more information on these. http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_heaters_hydor_theo.asp?CartId=

Has anyone used the Hydor THEO heaters? I would like to find more information on these. http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_heaters_hydor_theo.asp?CartId=

Ive bought two of them a year ago.............the most INACCURATE heaters ive ever used, and thats saying something. I think i hucked one of them into the concrete in my garage cooking rock.............its no longert among the living......i think i still have the other floating around..........want it???