Got a new camera!!!

stylaster

I got a Canon Rebel XS camera. (clap) I am looking for a good macro lens to go with it. I want to be able to shoot from 6-12" away and be able to get extreme close ups. (IE couple of montipora polyps in single pic, etc)

Thanks guys

Roy

I think they have about a 12 or 14mm lense available now specifically for the EOS cameras that probably has a decent macro. FWIW I've had my Digital Rebel (The first one that came out) for around 7 or 8 years and I'm still happy with it. (Although now that the resolution has doubled it's time to think about another one)

You might check out http://www.dpreview.com/

They can certainly point you in the right direction for the lense you need.

Did they finally fix the focusing on it? I switched to the "D" line after the soft images from the others.

SO far I have used the Rebel, XT, XTI, 10D, 20D, 40D, and 5D. XTI is crap, the rest are going to be the same for 90% of users IMHO. I do like some of the features on the 5D but not so much any that affect the picture. (I like the wheel and how it can lock to not change the F Stop. I also like that you can zoom in on the LCD and go picture to picture with the same zoom. The custom function is nice to be able to quickly shoot to B&W. ISO 50 is cool too, but that is all really nothing that justifies a couple grand more then a used Rebel).

FWIW 6100 pictures is nothing for those models. I have over a 100,000 shots on all of the above models except the 5D with no issues. Only been using the 5D for a month, rolled over 10,000 this morning.

IME other then some added perks which since I take so many pictures are worth it for me, there is not much advantage to the newer cameras, spend the money on a lens. JMO