Sponsors - large salt purchase?

ringwurm

A question for our sponsors.

How many buckets of salt do you purchase to get a discount? I'm doing 100+ gallon water changes now and one or two buckets don't last long.

Greg

This is a good idea to bring up, because I bet there are alot of people that would stock up on this stuff if it were cheap enough...I just did from the internet...when I can get buckets of salt for 35 a piece, I tend to buy two or three...so if a sponsor worked something out and we had 10-15 people buying 2-3 buckets, I bet the price would be decent...

Yeah, i understand, that puts all of the sponsors in a bad position of trying to be the first one to answer a thread in order to get the business or a silly pricing war, of which im not sure any of them would participate in anyway. TOTALLY understandable why that cant happen here, or in any thread besides thier own sponsor forum.

To be honest, i buy all of my salt from the Dr's. They will ship 8 buckets of reef crystals to my door for $320. It would cost me $440 to get 8 of the regular IO if i drove down to good ol Petco or Petsmart to buy them, which of course are the only LFS's I have to choose from.

It would cost me $440 to get 8 of the regular IO if i drove down to good ol Petco or Petsmart to buy them' date=' which of course are the only LFS's I have to choose from.[/quote']

i hear that petsmart will honor their internet prices at their stores if u bring print out of ad....

150 gallon/$31.99 IO

200 gallon/$39.99 Oceanic