Help/suggestions

Hello everybody, I am writing this thread at the request of my employer.A few weeks ago I was approched by my employer for help with getting a tank set up for a local kid that was accidentally shot in the neck and is now a quadrapallegic. His name is Jesse Mclaughlin,Here is a link to his story:

http://http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyemerald.com%2Fnews%2F2007%2F10%2F17%2FNews%2FStudent.Shot.By.Hunter.While.Out.Paintballing-3037622.shtml&ei=XAYFSrPpK6estAPbr53YAQ&usg=AFQjCNFxSM2Ux_gbzt329H8rB6uthihAxw

My employer is a friend of the family and came to me because he knows of my addiction of saltwater and also of my affiliation with this club and this great community of people. His initial request was to see what i could get donated, however im not real comfortable doing that so instead I am asking for any Ideas or resources that you may have to make this a reality for this family. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Link not working.

Maybe one of the "teacher tanks" that Bob is storing, and some use equipment...

If it gets going, I may be able to give some inexpensive starter corals. Maybe more once I read the story and get all emotional over it.

dsoz

Hey Mike I just broke down my 55 to make room for my new 90. It is a non-drilled 55 gal. AGA. It includes a black pine stand, Eshopps overflow, a drilled Megaflow model 1 sump w/bio balls. It was connected to a drilled 10 gal tank which I used as a refugium. I will include the 10 gal tank and associated bulkheads and all of the plumbing. The only thing it would need is a skimmer and lighting.

If you think you could use this, you can have it.

Shane

It is a great idea. It should be big enought to be stable. Large enough to keep interest and extremely low maintenance. Maybe your employer could "donate" a nice system and wright it off some how. Keep us posted.

could buy a raffle ticket for The Fish Tank People's 55g and if you win use that. That might be cheapest method.

That is a good idea Eric I will look into that.

It is a great idea. It should be big enought to be stable. Large enough to keep interest and extremely low maintenance. Maybe your employer could "donate" a nice system and wright it off some how. Keep us posted.

That is the Idea Blane. They are talking about doing something in-wall so he can view it from his bedroom and also living room.As for the maintenance I am being told the care givers are going to maintain the tank. With some help from mysielf of course.

Just giving an update, I had a meeting with the boss and discussed all of the offers and information from those of you who had something to offer.In the end he decided he really wanted to do something larger.His words were (you know like 10 feet long).After telling him I did not see that as realistic he asked me to give him a proposal of sorts of what I could build with a budget of $5,000.

I thought it would be intresting to see how different people would build a tank with that budget so feel free chime in with your "version".

Hello everybody, I am writing this thread at the request of my employer.A few weeks ago I was approched by my employer for help with getting a tank set up for a local kid that was accidentally shot in the neck and is now a quadrapallegic. His name is Jesse Mclaughlin,Here is a link to his story:

http://media.www.dailyemerald.com/media/storage/paper859/news/2007/10/17/News/Student.Shot.By.Hunter.While.Out.Paintballing-3037622.shtml

My employer is a friend of the family and came to me because he knows of my addiction of saltwater and also of my affiliation with this club and this great community of people. His initial request was to see what i could get donated, however im not real comfortable doing that so instead I am asking for any Ideas or resources that you may have to make this a reality for this family. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Link working now. An extra "http://" was on the URL.

Maybe an AP24 with a 150w sunpod. They are like $5-600, then filling with rock, and salt and a few critters would round out the tank.

Bobs generous offer of a 25g tank is awesome. That would cut expenses down, and then the money could be used for livestock.

dsoz

I have also a 100 gallon truvue that was given to me that I would love to donate. It is going to need some work. I also have a 40 gallon sump and a beatup oak stand and canopy. I am willing to donate all of this to the family.