Anyone make a CNC machine?

FishKiler

Yeah I know there is a lot of info on line, but has anyone here locally built a CNC machine. I am working on one and would like someone on the forum to bounce ideas off. Another question is if you had a CNC what would you make?

The first project I have in mind is a calcium reactor like Landy on RC made.

Yeah I know you can have a shop make anything but whats the fun in that. I have some scraps of acrylic that are ready for experiments. If I experimented with paying someone I would be very reluctant to try new projects just because. When I was looking to build a skimmer I stopped by an acrylic shop and the owner talked me into buying one of his, long story short I still want to build my own, a better one.

Yeah I know you can have a shop make anything but whats the fun in that. I have some scraps of acrylic that are ready for experiments. If I experimented with paying someone I would be very reluctant to try new projects just because. When I was looking to build a skimmer I stopped by an acrylic shop and the owner talked me into buying one of his' date=' long story short I still want to build my own, a better one.[/quote']

Fair enough. The reason I say what I did, is that I have about 35 years experience in a machine shop and about 30 years experience as a plastic injection moldmaker, much of that time programming and running CNC machines. If you need any advise, feel free to ask. I design plastic parts for a living now and I do have access to mills and lathes etc. If you have the next great idea, I can help you get it done.

• 2 months later...