Anemone help

racefan

I got a bubble tip anemone on Sat. & brought it home stuck it on a rock & it moved to a cravase if you will in the rock.The problem is it's kinda deep & it's down in there so it's only about 1/3 the size it was when it's on the flat.

I tried to coax it out of there but it's not really wanting to move.I'd guess it's about 1/4" to 3/8" deep. Anybody have any thoughts on getting it out so I can move it or am I just destined to let it try & grow where it's at.The problem is it's a $60.00 anemone that looks like a $10.00 frag down in that hole(laugh)

Mike

post-5347-141867775885_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

BTAs like to be in a hole in the rock. Once it gets comfortable, it will stick out more. On the positive note, it will probably stay put more likely. Then you don't have the issue with the anemone getting stuck in a powerhead and turning into soup. I would say feed it and watch it grow from the hole. It will expand once it starts reshaping its body to fit the hole better. If you feed it enough, it may split and one of the halves will probably move out and explore new areas of the tank.

dsoz

• Like 1

Rule #1 with anemones--leave them alone. I have burned up alot of money "positioning" them, only to have them move. Then I would "reposition" them. Then they would move again to a lousier place.

Remember, they have to sun bath and feed and they will shrink and expand, pull in then open up. Bottom line is they know better where they will do best than we do (except powerhead intakes!!)

Rule #2--Follow Rule #1!!

• Like 1

Well it seems it did not like it's home(laugh) I came home from work today & it was just barley visible,I got out of the shower went & took a seat by the tank & it was gone? Well, upon looking around it seems to have come out the bottom of the rock(who knew the cravase was really a tunnel?).Wonder where home will be next! The white circle was where he started out.

post-5347-141867744245_thumb.jpg