Floor strength #2...

reefgeek84

I think you can go bigger than a 50,,, think about 3 big huge dudes standing in a row,, that would be what like 900-1200 pounds? You wouldnt really think twice about doing that,, thats about like a 100-125 gal tank. (it would have to be against a support wall)

Or a water bed?

Plus, the worst that would happen is the people below would get wet, it wouldnt ruin any of your stuff :) jk

I think you can go bigger than a 50,,, think about 3 big huge dudes standing in a row,, that would be what like 900-1200 pounds? You wouldnt really think twice about doing that,, thats about like a 100-125 gal tank. (it would have to be against a support wall)

Or a water bed?

Plus, the worst that would happen is the people below would get wet, it wouldnt ruin any of your stuff :) jk

Yeah, they would get a really nice bath from the gods above, but I have renters insurance for any mishaps...just would not want to have to use it, LOL.

I would definately consult my landlord before any larger tank went in. A lot of apartments don;t allow them.

I asked when I first signed the lease if I could have a tank as long as I had renters top cover it and they said yes, I asked what saize and they said it did not matter.

So the floor will not hold?

Well, the problem is renters does not cover your tank's damage it causes, only the tank if its broke or stolen. You should talk to your insurance carrier about that, when I rented it was coverage of theft for items I owned. So if your tank blew out and water damage was caused it would go to the poicy on the owner of the building. This is why most people don't let you have them, because they don't have a policy that covers water damage. Talk to you carrier every policy is slightly different.

Well' date=' the problem is renters does not cover your tank's damage it causes, only the tank if its broke or stolen. You should talk to your insurance carrier about that, when I rented it was coverage of theft for items I owned. So if your tank blew out and water damage was caused it would go to the poicy on the owner of the building. This is why most people don't let you have them, because they don't have a policy that covers water damage. Talk to you carrier every policy is slightly different.[/quote']

Nope, that is the reason I got renters to cover the tank in the first place...Right now it covers up to a 75 gal aquarium.

I will for sure move coverage up, but before I go and buy a set up...I would like to make sure the floor will hold.