Programing apex

Mogsys Aquarium

Hello guys and girls thanks for welcoming me into this forum, my question if anyone can help is i have a apex el and im new to all this, but feedA is already programmed to turn the skimmer and return pump off at the same time and defer the skimmer for 5 minutes after the return pump comes back on, but i want FeedB to turn off the skimmer but leave the return pump on and then for the skimmer to come back on after 60minutes what program would i have to put in for this to work as i dont have a clue, please help me if you can i would really appreciate it. Thanks 

Just now, Mogsys Aquarium said:

Suncrest reef so if i set this and press FeedB it will turn the skimmer off then turn it back on after an hour, thanks again for the help 

Correct.  However, if your skimmer currently has a 5 minute Defer delay, then the total Off time would be 65 minutes.  If that's the case, adjust the FeedB timer to 55 minutes.  If you're unsure, please post your skimmer code for me to look at.

If you're interested, I published a whole series of Apex programming tutorials here:  http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/45202-suncrestreefs-week-of-apex-programming/

Or they're also published at Reef2Reef as 8 individual articles:  https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials.700483/

Suncrest reef that would be excellent im completely a newby with this apex coding, i believe apex should release a book with as many codes that you could use with the equipment that you can put on a reef, that way at least you can have a little insight into this encrypted wording 🤔🤔🤔

4 minutes ago, Mogsys Aquarium said:

Suncrest reef that would be excellent im completely a newby with this apex coding, i believe apex should release a book with as many codes that you could use with the equipment that you can put on a reef, that way at least you can have a little insight into this encrypted wording 🤔🤔🤔

Yes, Neptune is notoriously bad at providing documentation.  They do have a "Comprehensive Reference Guide" posted on their website, but it is about 6 years old and was written by a hobbiest rather than Neptune staff.  See https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/

That's why I wrote my tutorials.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, ronaldolopes.r said:

Personnel I need to program the DOS to dose 35ml of a medicine every 48 hours but I don't know how to do this program, if anyone can help me I appreciate it. (I don't normally do this, but I have a trip scheduled and I would not like to interrupt the treatment).

Would it be OK to dose 17.5ml every 24 hours?  If so, that would be extremely simple for the DOS setup.

If you must dose only once every 48 hours, then it becomes challenging.  Will your trip last longer than 7 days?  If not, then you could use the If DOW command to skip every other day of the week, but of course there are 7 days in the week so the schedule will break the 48 hour rule after the first week.  If it must run longer than 1 week, it will involve some complex virtual output programming.

Please answer these two questions, then I can provide guidance.

Hello, SuncrerstReef, thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately it would have to be every 48 hours, as it will be to continue the treatment of dinoflagellates with DinoX where it indicates to use every other day but a work trip has appeared and I will not be home to do the dosages.
Thanks again for your help.

5 minutes ago, ronaldolopes.r said:

Hello, SuncrerstReef, thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately it would have to be every 48 hours, as it will be to continue the treatment of dinoflagellates with DinoX where it indicates to use every other day but a work trip has appeared and I will not be home to do the dosages.
Thanks again for your help.

Please answer the 2nd question I posed:  Will your trip last longer than 7 days?  This will impact the programming solution.

OK, the simple thing to do is configure your DOS to deliver the 35 ml each day at a specified time:

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 6.13.21 PM.png

Then on the DOS schedule screen, click the gear at the top to go into the Advanced tab, and enter this command:

If DOW S-T-T-S Then OFF

This will force the DOS to skip Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 6.13.51 PM.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ronaldolopes.r said:

ok, how much programming do I use NOW in the Advanced tab and how much (ML) and time of the same, in the correct normal configuration?

I thought that everything needed to be programmed in the advanced tab

do not need Set OFF

Just configure the DOS schedule like I showed to dose 35 ml every day at any time you choose.  Then the programming in the Advanced tab will override the daily schedule to turn it Off on the days specified by the DOW command.  You do not need to add any Set OFF command or anything else in the Advanced tab.  Just the DOW command to override the daily schedule define in the graphical DOS interval screen.

Just now, ronaldolopes.r said:

Will it be like this then?

Dosage on Saturday 18th, Monday 20th, Wednesday 22th, Thursday 24th

From 11:00 pm to 11:10 pm

Do not dose on days 19, 21, 23 and 25

Check my schedule?

459723595_CapturadeTela2020-07-14as22_29_07.thumb.png.52af9e02ff5b54da954b87b76a0e4f04.png 

768517174_CapturadeTela2020-07-14as22_26_25.thumb.png.8a14ed6d96a5042108e6e4e192ab6e57.png

NO!!!!!  Do not use "Then ON" because that will cause the DOS to run continuously for 24 hours on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  It will overdose your tank.

Use the EXACT wording from my programming above, where it turns OFF on those specified days.  The graphical schedule will do the actual work of dosing 35ml each day, but the DOW command will block it from running on the specified days.