Reliable tank sitting / maintenance service near Seattle

Chrojo

So after 12 years out of the hobby and just getting back into it a couple months ago, of course I just learned I'm going overseas for work for anywhere from 3 to 6 months.

Has anyone ever used (with good results) a tank sitting or maintenance service in the Seattle area?  I'm near Seatac airport.  I know some of the LFSs like Barrier Reef offer this service, but I think I want to use someone who does this kind of thing everyday instead of an LFS just sending someone over who happens to be free that day...if that makes sense.

I know it won't be cheap, but I don't know what else to do.

Thanks!

Edited by Chrojo
I can't spell

Depending on the extent of your tank setup, you may be able to just break it down and have someone hold the livestock. Or maybe someone can setup the tank at their house? Having someone stop by to take care of a tank for 6 months seems crazy. I would think most of the tank maintenance accounts still rely on people feeding and doing real basic stuff, not sure though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll take care of it. I'm in Seattle daily. 

We could talk about your routine and the best way to manage stability in person...or you could just break it down. Both are possible, including having your trusted local fish store maintain it. 

I've done it a couple times and had a couple aquariums in my life too. I understand your pain.

Edited by milesmiles902

Thanks guys, but I'm not interested in selling the tank or finding another job (which I'll admit made me chuckle).  Just looking for recommendations on a professional maintenance service if anyone has used one.  I will have an autofeeder setup so I think someone coming by 2-3 times a week is within the realm of being reasonable and not overly expensive.

Appreciate the offer, milesmiles902.  If it comes to that I'll be in touch.

• Like 1

mikes would be an excellent choice if he is available! And as far as maintenance from LFS I think they deserve more credit than you are giving them. I’m sure like anything else in life, there are a few bad apples but don’t let that spoil the whole bunch. I personally know a few in the PDX/Vancouver Area that are very reputable so I would assume you have the same up north!!   Should not be overly expensive for routine stuff for 3-6 months 

GL in ur search 

• Like 1