Sign in to follow this  
Trailermann

Advise needed for new 120 gallon set up

1.  Suggestions please for attractive light inside my stand, mounting hardware and door switch.

2.  What is source for best exhaust fan and proper size for 2' x 4' stand?

3.  Where can I find a PVC elbow as shown in photo?  Would a sweep elbow be just as effective? What will get me the least resistance?

4.  I am thinking of plumbing a manifold off a strong return pump to feed a bio reactor, algae reactor, calcium reactor and sterilizer to minimize the number of pumps in the sump?  Any advice?

5.  Also I am considering running two gyres or two Apex WAVs for a SPS dominant tank.  Again, any advice?

6.  If I want to stock many fish in a SPS tank, would a large bio-reactor and a Pax-Bellum algae reactor keep parameters in check?

Almost ready to fire the starting gun on a Custom Aquarium's rimless and a stand from Spectra.

FireShot Capture 022 - Austin Lefevre_ Bulletproof ReefKeepi_ - https___www.bulkreefsupply.com_vid.jpg

Those elbows are just two 45s joined together to make a long in the middle 90.

Plumbing a manifold off of the return is a great idea.  Just need to size everything right to prevent head loss.  Check out the BRS 160 build videos for good plumbing ideas.

17 hours ago, cjmdh said:

Those elbows are just two 45s joined together to make a long in the middle 90.

Plumbing a manifold off of the return is a great idea.  Just need to size everything right to prevent head loss.  Check out the BRS 160 build videos for good plumbing ideas.

Great feedback cjmdh, that takes care of #3 and #4.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By TheClark
      I am babysitting allot of coral.  As a result, keeping allot closer eye on the tank.
      The calcium reactor feed pump stopped pumping any amount of volume, and dkh dropped.
      After troubleshooting I could see the feed pump was barely a trickle.
      Fired up the APEX flow monitor.  It is not rated for CR low flow rate, but it seems to work.  Holding steady and keeps a history!  Pretty cool way to monitor that cricital calcium reactor variable, flow...  I have no alarms setup for it yet but if reliable definitely will...

• By River City Corals
      Looking for an Eb8.  Let me know ifvyou have sn extra
    • By beardedsmurf
      Hey everyone,

Just tore down my tank and have lots and lots of equipment for sale. Most prices are generously low, and I will be more than happy to (privately) make deals for multiple items. 

I can accept, cash, PayPal, and credit cards (via PayPal). Located in Albany, OR in an easy to reach location. I can be contacted via phone/text at 503-860-725(zero) - although that is also my business phone number so I might answer with the name of my business (I prefer texts during business hours). I can also be reached via PM through the PNWMAS forum, or email at beardedsmurf@comcast(dot)net. 

All items will be first-come, first served, and held for up to three days after being "claimed" or other arrangements are made. Communication is key. Most of these items can be shipped to you and arrive within 1-2 days in Oregon/WA for between $3-10 depending on size/weight. Will not ship tanks, sump, or frozen fish food. Pick-up or meet only on these items.

Can meet anywhere in the Albany/Corvallis area to drop off anything over $25 total. For $150 or more, I will go to Salem or Eugene. Will meet in the Portland area for $300 or more (although shipping is probably just as fast and equally expensive for most items). Meetings will be at a local fish store or mall/public place. All payments for out of town meet-ups must be in advance prior to leaving for the meeting to ensure there are not any no-shows.

I will be available most any day/any time between 8am and 9pm. I can text/email photos of anything on this list. Questions welcome.

For a reference, Badxgillen has seen my setup and equipment and can vouch for it's quality and that it has been taken care of.

Here's what's for sale:
      (I have saved the list of goods as images hosted remotely that I can update as items are purchased.)