Power outage

jonas503

52 minutes ago, jonas503 said:

I am so glad I bought a good generator few months ago. Power has been out since 10:30 and isn't coming on anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow - not something you expect to see this time of year - at least not unless you are in SoCal or something. 

• 2 months later...

Ever since I had a tank crash due to an ice storm that took out power for almost a week I have had some back power system.  Never a generator although that's probably what it would take to keep things running for a week. I my case I would have to swap batteries for find somewhere to charge them.

Here's what I have:

DIY UPS using a 8D marine battery box, triplite auto inverter/charger and two glass mat 50AH batteries in parallel. 100AH of battery should power my Vectra M1 return and L1 manifold pumps at full power for several days.  Skimmer wouldn't be running but all my systems would have water circulating which should keep oxygenation up.

I also have two of the ecotech battery backups for the MP40 and MP 60 in the display so I should have  supplemental tank flow plus return flow for up to ~ 48hours

Lastly temp drop is a problem as most of the time power gets lost when its cold out.  Luckily I have a full size gas fireplace about 6 feet from the tank and can run that to maintain things above critical levels. 

Systems was tested this winter when we had a power outage that lasted 8 hours.  Everything ran like a champ!  temp drop was only like 2 deg in that 8 hours (78 down to 76).

IMG_20170827_110140.jpg

IMG_20170825_202332 (1).jpg

• Like 1