ALL SOLD Dart Frogs CHEAP!

I am moving and I cannot take my frogs with me to my new place :(  If you have ever thought about keeping darts, this is your chance to start for cheap.  They are extremely easy to care for, and are NOT poisonous in captivity.  All you have to do is make a fly culture every 2 weeks or so, mist every few days, and trim plants every month or 2!

I have 3 setups to sell, and have priced them very cheap to hopefully find them homes quickly.  

1) A 24W x 18D x 24T Exoterra with light housing a single male azureus.  I am looking for $120 for the full setup and frog.  This also has a decent 2x4/plywood stand painted black that comes with it.  Fully planted with false bottom.
20170504_203823_zpsmo2p0kqe.jpg
20170504_204000_zpshvwx5bb9.jpg
20170509_185300_zpsuigcksbx.jpg

2) A 18W x 18D x 24T Exoterra with light housing a proven pair of Tinctorius Oyapock.
I am looking for $140 for the setup and pair.  No stand with this setup.
Fully planted with false bottom.
20170504_203705_zpsipwralbc.jpg
20170504_203734_zpshr3zkzlk.jpg
20170504_203717_zpsneltwlsv.jpg
20170509_185406_zps0mb34sgl.jpg
20170509_185354_zps35eewpa7.jpg

3) A 54 gallon acrylic corner tank with 4 unknown sex leucomelas.  I have heard calling frequently.  This tank has a stand and hood, a little rough but they work, painted black and light.  Also comes with a mistking setup (automated mister) with 3 nozzles already plumbed in.  Im asking $160 for the setup.  Fully planted with false bottom.
20170504_203744_zpsbcbmi4sw.jpg
20170504_203751_zps1geerbwh.jpg
20170509_185339_zpseg2bg2i2.jpg
IMAG0033-1.jpg
IMAG0034-1.jpg

These are all for local pickup in Portland OR.  Not willing to ship.   I may be able to deliver if you are fairly close to PDX.

I also don't want to break things up since I need to get rid of the setups also before the move, and think I have priced things in a way that if you want frogs you could easily make money selling the setup yourself.  Unfortunately I just don't have the time.

These frogs have all been with me for a few years. I am not sure of their origins as I have purchased them from breeder friends and wasn't interested in that so much.

Purchasers will also receive a fruit fly (melanogaster) culture, some fruit fly media to make more, and a box full of excelsior to keep them going.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by MVPaquatics
  • Like 3

Thank you! They are very cool.  A nice compliment to a reef tank.  So much easier to care for than a reef though.  People are fascinated with them when they see them, and they are super outgoing in their tanks.  I will miss them

8 minutes ago, MVPaquatics said:

Thank you! They are very cool.  A nice compliment to a reef tank.  So much easier to care for than a reef though.  People are fascinated with them when they see them, and they are super outgoing in their tanks.  I will miss them

Sorry you have to give them up - that would be hard. I happen to work in a research facility with thousands of drosophila stocks... they would make great mascots ?

• Like 1

These are so cool! I love the colors. You should get them Sean and sounds like they would have plenty of flies to eat at your research facility! Is there something they attain from the wild that makes them poisonous but not in captivity?

12 minutes ago, PowderBlue said:

Have the pair of oyapocks produced tad poles?

yeah, a bunch.   I have sold a few, given a few away to teachers that have tanks at school.  They lay their eggs on the bank of the water area, the tads hatch and move down to the water area, and I scoop them out and raise them.

20151027_204514_zps8yk0ky7w.jpg

• Like 2

yeah, a bunch.   I have sold a few, given a few away to teachers that have tanks at school.  They lay their eggs on the bank of the water area, the tads hatch and move down to the water area, and I scoop them out and raise them.
20151027_204514_zps8yk0ky7w.jpg

That's awesome, I have a friend who has had frogs for like 10 years, I'll reach out and see if he would be interested in any if them.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Sorry you have to give them up - that would be hard. I happen to work in a research facility with thousands of drosophila stocks... they would make great mascots ?

3 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

These are so cool! I love the colors. You should get them Sean and sounds like they would have plenty of flies to eat at your research facility! Is there something they attain from the wild that makes them poisonous but not in captivity?

Haha you would have some fat and happy frogs!

In the wild, the food they eat (beetles/ants) contains the toxin or ingredients to make the toxin (batrachotoxin) that the frogs then make and secrete.  It bioaccumulates as it moves up the food chain.  Funny, there is no antidote to the toxin, but tetrodotoxin (puffer fish) has the complete opposite effect that dart frogs do.  So, in theory, you could save yourself from dart frog poison by eating fugu puffer, haha (although I couldn't imagine knowing the proper doses)

• Like 1